WinXP pro keep hibernating????

D

drdoug26

Okay, here's a first for me. I've got ten workstations all running win XP pro and I've never come across this.

One of my most recent installs keeps hibernating even though I had 'unchecked' the enable hibernation box. At least I think this is whats happening.

After about 10 minutes or so the monitor shuts off and goes into the screen saver mode. When you move the mouse the screen saver disappears and your back at that 'first startup screen' where you have the option to select which user account you want to log into.

Any ideas on this? I do not want it to keep logging off or going into hibernation or what ever the h*ll its doing!

This particular machine is on my home network and is not part of a domain.
Just a simple network. Only two user accounts on the machine (besides guest and administrator.

Doug

Just guessing here. Have you looked in your power options in the control panel? Power Schemes?

Yes,

This is where the 'hibernate' tab lives. I have it 'unchecked' so hibernate is NOT enabled.

Power scheme is 'always on'

doug

Just re-read your post again. If the monitor is shutting off how can the screen saver work. Are you sure it's not just the screen saver kicking in? Check the timing for the screen saver.

I'd rightclick desktop>properties>screensaver and untick the box where it says 'show welcome screen on reactivation' (or something similar - translated).

Your right hipster,

The monitor in NOT phsically shutting off. Its just kicking into
screensaver mode.

doug

Tried all the above stuff. Still no luck.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back