WinXp Pro help!

• Thread starter fishunter92
  • Start date
F

fishunter92

I just installed WinXP Pro on my computer. I still have to fully understand how to best utilize its features, but I have a problem with scrolling up or down or moving pop up windows or pages that are displayed on the internet explorer. When I am on the internet, and I try to scroll down a page, it scrolls down slowly, not like before I installed Win XP Pro. I was used to scrolling fast and smooth through the websites' pages. When I open a folder, such as my music folder, and i try to scroll up and down the list, it scrolls real slow and kind of jerky in motion. I am using a Microsoft WheelMOuse, and have updated its drivers and adjusted the scroll rate. However, it is not letting me scroll down the pages smoothly. Can someone please help me with this littlr problem? Is there a way to adjust the windoew

Is it only happening in IE? If you make any open window on your screen about half the size of your desktop, then drag it around by it's top bar, does is move in "steps"? If so, then it's most likely your video drivers. (entirely possible if you just installed XP, but haven't updated/installed your vid card drivers)

If not, maybe some IE updates from Windows Update?

You didn't list your rig's specs. XP needs a lot more horsepower than MS's minimum requirements.

I've got a (don't hate me for it) Emachine 1.6 Ghz Pentium 4, 512 MB DDR RAM(I installed an additional 256 MB DDR RAM today, brinnging it up to its current 512MB), 60 Gig HD. I just bought a new ethernet card, I've got an Nvidia 128 MB DDR AGP card, a Philips sound card. I tried reinstalling XP Pro a little while ago. I installed WinXP pro as an upgrade on both ocassions. What I did notice was that while XP Pro was installing, it was asking me for the drivers for the factory installed AGP card adn teh sound card adn the ethernet card). I am thinking that because the factory installed software adn hardware is disabled, it mght be adversly affecting the installation process. Should I disable the NVidia AGP and Philips sound card and then install XP Pro again?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back