WinXP crashing in IE6 !

P

phil80

plz i need help people... i have been running winxp without no problems at all (except slowdowns ;)) with my old pentium 3 450, 392 RAM and riva tnt 2 ultra gfx card... now i just changed my motherboard to put a 1600+ athlon xp in it. i also put a geforce 2 ti 64mb ddr and a 40gb ibm deskstar in it.
and oh my god, after the whole day that it took to set it up (i'm no expert ;)). i just can't get to run smooth with internet explorer 6.

hell winxp and all my gamez work great but i just can't get ie6 to download shit... when i do, the comp resets on its own :( :mad:

did this happen to any of u... cuz damn its a freakin strange problem... only for downloads with ie!!! wtf... :confused:

if u know of any fix or anything... plz let me know! VERY big fat THX for anyone helping me!! ;) :p

Go to RUN and type sfc

and click ok

SFC = system file checker

Hope that helps

did sfc /scannow... the operation completed but nothing happened...

I would STRONGLY, emphasis on STRONGLY recommend you format & reinstall XP. NT products do NOT like having hardware like the motherboard swapped like that. There are devices installed which an NT product (meaning NT/2k/xp) finds, installs and forgets about, never reverifying it's the proper device or driver. If your IE problem is not related to that, chances are something else will. So do a backup, format and reinstall. At the VERY least, do a fresh install over the existing one.
/Lactic

I agree with Lactic.Acid had the same problem mobo went out replaced it and funky shit was happening (with win2k) fdisked reinstalled then was working like a champ

xp wouldnt even boot with my new config...

im running it on a new 40gb hard drive. i even updated the bios then reinstalled xp... the same problem came up :(

did you format the drive before you reinstalled if not might have some leftovers

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back