winxp bootup

B

bisher

i had win me installed which had a major problem.
i had to uninstall the folder in dos mode via a boot up disk, i then installed win xp with no problem except a get the message of which operating system to install ,win-me or win-xp.
would this just involve copying the file command.com from the win-xp cdrom to my c: drive or am i talking rubbish.
many thanks

format

you didnt format ur hd. go back and format, and do a clean install
of xp,it still has buggy me files on it.;)

It COULD work properly, but deleting Windows ME like that manually is like uninstalling a program by deleting its folder. NEVER DO THIS THAT WAY! Like the guy said, reformat is the only way. Make sure you have a bootable floppy, and do this.

However, if you're stubborn and don't want to do this, do that:

in DOS, type the following:

attrib -r -s -h boot.ini [enter]
edit boot.ini [enter]

if you're just a little smart, you should see that this is what you see in the bootup menu (the last lines).

Look at the line that says "Windows Millennium" or something like that, probably the last one. Just delete it., then save the file.

Then type this in DOS before you restart:

attrib +r +s +h boot.ini [enter]

Then reboot =P

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back