WinTV PVR problems (ATTN *Akash*)

B

bloodrayne

I just bought a WinTV PVR card and installed it in my system (Pentium III 1000Mhz 512MB RAM ATI Radeon card) but I can't get it working correctly with Windows XP.
I followed Hauppauge's XP installation guide step-by-step. The drivers / applications I downloaded and installed are:
- w2kdrv311.exe
- pvrpcidrv15_19300.exe
- wintv2k331.exe

Basically there're two problems:
- When I rebooted the system after the installation I got an error saying that my card doesn't support DirectDraw, but this doesn't seem to affect the card functions (besides that, as far as I know ATI Radeon XP drivers do support DirectDraw)
- When I capture an MPEG-2 movie, the risulting video is not smooth, the picture keeps "freezing" for about a second every 10 - 15 seconds. This problem seems to get worse as the mpeg-2 bitrate increases: at 4mbit/sec there're only a few frames "freezed" every 10 - 15 seconds of video, while at 12mb/sec the number of freezed frames is much higher.
I want to point out that this problem is not related to my hard drive transfer rate since I used to have another capture card with which I was able to capture at bitrates as high as 32mbit/sec without losing a frame. Moreover, if I run the WinTV PVR under Windows Millennium (installed on the same system) I don't get these "freezed" frames.
What can I do to fix this problem and why is the DirectDraw support not detected? Are there any compatibility issue with ATI Radeon based cards ? Anybody experiencing these problems with a WinTV PVR card and XP?
Thanks for your Help!

I'm using ATI 32mb AGP Rage Fury Pro and its fine.

Is the software the latest from Haughpaugae's website?
And are the drviers the new ATI ones that are XP compatible?

If not, you might want to try using the old haugpauge drivers and software

Yes to both questions.. I downloaded and installed the new XP drivers both for ATI and the WinTV PVR card. Now the "DirectDraw not supported" message is gone but there're still glitches in the captured movie :-/

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back