WinRar Password Retrieval

lancer

There is no answer!
Political Access
Is there anyway to get round a password protected .rar folder?

We have some pretty old DVDs with movies on them, but they are password protected. They cost us about $1500 at the time and we don't have the passwords for them, does anyone know of a way to either crack (i know sorry) the password or something, We cants get the password from the studio as it is no longer in operation.

Thanks

google can be a good friend for this.. there are password cracking programs available for just about any application. Some charge fees, some don't.. some are effective, and some aren't.

Haven't used any in particular for RAR so I can't recommend anything in particular.. but doing a little bit of research into RAR protection, your level of success will vary greatly depending on which version of RAR was originally used.

v2 and under should be fairly quick to crack. v3 will require a large amount of resources to bruteforce.

Heh, cracking rars. Ive spent some time doing that :/ I dont think any of these programs work. Ive tried tons of them to crack rars. Just a waste of time. Could try emailing the creator or install the crackers on another computer and leave it on for a few months. Best of luck though.

Or you could contact someone who worked in the studio. You never know, someone might just know the passwords.

Theres a program called Advanced Archive Password Cracker
http://www.elcomsoft.com/archpr.html
its pretty good can crack passwords pretty quick from my experience , check out the trial , have teh full version lyin around some where hehehe :nervous:

3 steps to recovering password protected archives:

1. Don't forget the password.
2. If you did forget the password hunt around for a boat load of parallel processing resources and start at 'A'
3. Wiat while massive scale parallel processing resouces chug through all possible options

It real depends on how easy the password for it was. You can try brute force password programs. I have used a few but if the password is even slighgtly complexe its gona be along long time.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back