WinMX and XP Issue Please Read

P

pskeen

A file sharing program called WinMX (winmx.com) does something to XP when it is installed. What ever user the program is installed on is the only one that Windows Explorer will work in. You cannot open My Documents or My Computer or anthing else that uses Windows Explorer under any other user. It also effects the uses or Internet Explorer in some instances.

I discovered it last night when I uninstalled WinMX because they keep updating version so often and you cannot connect with an old one. I was tired of udating the program. After I unistalled the program Windows Explorer started working again under all users.

i do not have that problem at all on xp with winmx. reinstall xp

Why reinstall XP? Just removed WinMX and XP works right. I confirmed this with other users having the same problem.

Tbird94sc, Nice answer! reinstall xp good one.

next time someone asks me a question that's what I'll say, client says "I seem to have lost my network connection, how do I fix that?"
my answer, "reinstall xp"
:( <<<<<<<<<<<<<there look.

:rolleyes: <<<<<<<<<<<my look.

(I was in violation of message board ethics and there was a nasty .gif that was here but do to circumstances beyond my control I shall obey the rules around here and not post such funny,obscene,nasty images)

ROTF how do you get that anal icon to go ? I want to use it as my avatar... please tell me :)

Here's the website PM him instead - (Punk)

right click on the icon you want for avatar go to properties highlight the location of the URL address "copy" location and in your avatar window right click paste the address.
should work.

As amusing as it is, that animation violates the forum guidelines, please remove it ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back