WinDVD Issues

N

Not Bman

I am trying to watch a blu-ray movie with WinDVD 9. I just installed it after reformatting my system. There was some weird intervideo issue during installation but it looked like it installed alright.

I open up WinDVD and it loads the disc, then it says the AACS keys need to be updated, so I click yes, and it does nothing. I have tried many times without any luck. I have done it in the past many times, I have had this program on Windows 7 many times. Any ideas?

Is there a file I can get to reinstall intervideo, that might be the problem.

just use the same exe you used to install windvd9 or go to the add/remove programs part - click remove and it should give you an option to repair, or go to their site and see if there is an update there

No option to repair. I have tryed reinstalling it, same issue.

And it's not really an update to the program, its keys to make the blu-ray work.

*found the repair option, didn't do anything.

Removed, cleaned system and reinstalled 4 times now. No luck.

This makes no sense. The first time there was an issue when installing, but the last 3 times it installed without issue. So why won't it update the keys. Corel's site is useless for information as well.

Yea I already tried running that update, says can't install on the version I have. Mine is newer then it. Thanks.

Downloading a PowerDVD version for now, till I get a reply from Corel or until I find an answer.

Running the trail for PowerDVD9 and it crashed on me twice. WinDVD does that for me too. It's quite annoying. I know I don't have the best pc, but the software for blu-ray just plain sucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad I just use Nero Showtime as I have not had any issues with it in Win 7.

you tried installing it using vista or xp compatibility mode, and have you tried running it under those modes once it has installed ?

I haven't tried installing it in comp mode, but its running like that.

Though it shouldn't need too.

I thought WinDVD and PowerDVD were the only 2 players?

I went and got WinDVD 2010 "wink""wink"

And man is this software nice, all Windows 7 ready, looks beatiful with its transparent design and menus, its integrated into the taskbar, and when playing Blu-rays Aero is even enabled like I always wanted.

Nice!

Does WinDVD not play them? I thought it did.

I just got rid of my last HDDVD (300)

i know this is an old thread, but it's the only one i could find relating to windvd pro 10 & using it etc. has anyone had any probs using the trimension all2hd function or digital natural motion feature? when i click these options screen goes black even tho movie is playing so all i hear is audio no picture. same thing happens when i click cinema enhancement or sharpen, can only view standard dvd's using upscale. in setup, unck'd use video card harware accelartion, but didn't make a diff. have a brand new hp e9240f, audio & video drivers are updated as is directx visual c++ etc. running windows 7 home prem 64bit & have emailed corel but all they replied was to make sure i had all those updates to my system which i do already sigh. otherwise, it's a great product but would like to use those features just to see what they do etc. my gpu is a radeon hd 4650 & realtek hd audio. thx in advance for any replies :D

I am trying to watch a blu-ray movie with WinDVD 9. I just installed it after reformatting my system. There was some weird intervideo issue during installation but it looked like it installed alright.

I open up WinDVD and it loads the disc, then it says the AACS keys need to be updated, so I click yes, and it does nothing. I have tried many times without any luck. I have done it in the past many times, I have had this program on Windows 7 many times. Any ideas?

Is there a file I can get to reinstall intervideo, that might be the problem.

I'd recommend visiting the Corel website and grabbing the latest update when such a message occurs. Every 3-4 months there is a need for new keys for all the Blu-ray playback software. It's part of the way the whole process works. Corel, unfortunately, only seems to release 4 updates a year and bundles bugfixes in those updates along with updated keys. There system is a poor one, IMHO. Even CyberLink releases more updates and CyberLink is a greatly loathed company these days. I don't know if they will continue this approach with WinDVD 2010 but it's their track record with WinDVD9. Heck, at one point they broke the DTS decoder in WinDVD9 and it took them months to fix it which made it all but unusable until they did for me. From checking the Corel website the last WinDVD9 update was released in October of 2009. As of December or January it was time for new keys for AACS decryption. This likely explains your troubles with WinDVD9.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Corel to hold back such updates in the hopes that it will make people update to WinDVD 2010. I own WinDVD 2010 but haven't installed it. I grabbed it for $29 when Corel ran a nice promotion. For the time being Arcsoft TMT3 is the best player, IMHO, and I've had no issues so I prefer to not clutter my system with multiple players. Between TMT3 and my Oppo Blu-ray player I have my bases covered. If I really get desperate I can install WinDVD 2010 and/or PowerDVD9 since I have licenses for all the major players so I have some experience with them all.

I know you updated to WinDVD 2010 so you have resolved the matter for now but for future reference here's the download page for updates: Patches and Updates - Support. Then click on the link to list all the updates & patches.

Thanks rotjong. I believe at the time I did check to see if it was the latest update, and it was. Which is why I posted here.

But thanks again. PS. 2010 rules!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back