Windoze XP Update Not Working???

E

evasser

Anyone besides me notice that the Windoze XP Update site doesn't appear to be working correctly?

I just did a clean reinstall of XP Pro and when I went to the Update site it installed the update class like always but then it tells me that my 'puter doesn't need any updates and I know that ain't so!!!

Doesn't show any of the critical updates - driver updates - or recommended updates like it always does...

Any ideas what's happening here??

It's not working correctly for me either although in a different way. I just reinstalled winxp home so I suspect its my fault. When I'm in windows update the scanning never gets past 0% no matter how long I wait.

Puzzeling?

Well I just tried it for the 5th time and now it seems to be working just fine...

This is a legal copy of Windows XP Pro as is all my software... Have reinstalled and reactivated it numerous times since I've had it and this is the first time it ever did this number... Maybe Uncle Bill is just jerking my chain today....

Thanks all...

It's Doing It Again!!

Must be something going on at M$... I've installed about half of the critical updates and just went back to reinstall the rest and it's not working again!!

Oh well, I'll keep trying off and on...

Ryguy@Home... Don't think it's anything you've done... May be just that M$ is messing with us today...

i have been haveing the same problem since yesterday and no luck yet and i have all legal copy of xp pro

Ya it can't be something I have done because I just reformated and reinstalled winxp AGAIN and its still staying at 0%. Was I supposed to install windows update v4 update(or something like that) because I did. It was also like this yesterday. So if it's not something I forgot to setup or did wrong it's gotta be MS.

I just tried windows update and it is working okay - and it was working okay this morning when I used it. I'm running XP Home!
:confused:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back