WindowsXP x64 - Punk's Blog

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political Access
Last night I got it installed and have started blogging about it for Ryan over at extended64.com

http://www.extended64.com/blogs/electronic_punk/default.aspx

Will try and keep it updated as I discover stuff and will most likely start mirroring it over here anyway. Hoping I can use a few contacts I have to find out information on 64bit migration. Fun fun fun.

Nice read EP. Just don't start rambling too much. :D

Cool, CommunityServer is the same CMS they've started using on the MSDN blogs too. They have some really nice, clean layouts. :)

Woo! And there's an RSS feed. Subscribed! \o/

first thing to do is get all the 64 beta drivers installed asap...especially display drivers

Yup, been out drinking but will try and write down the applications I have been testing today.

Mailwasher has a few issues, Perfectdisk won't work at all.
Testing continues!

everything should work if the authors add a value to their code...pretty simple for them to do, I'm VERY surprised perfect disc hasn't done it.

I think they're probably worried about offering the switch with such a sensitive product as defragmentation without specifically writing the app for the platform

is this where osnn lobbies raxco to fix perfectdisk? since they're fans of osnn? :D

/me offers candy to the raxco folks

could ask if they have a beta, and since it's an os that I'm just experimenting with, I won't mind running a beta defrag, though it's normally pretty dangerous to beta a defrag

Yeah, they did ask if there was anything they could do for me :)

well they can do a nice 64bit comaptible version :D The guinee pigs are lining up already :D

I was trying 64bit out the other day, and I noticed that HDtach didn't work very well. Maybe MS changed the IDE/SATA drivers. That would mean anything that had to do with hd read/write might not work correctly. This is of course just my BS, I dont know if its true, they could just not work :D

Sorry no testing last night. Unless testing the effect of alcohol on 64bit os users counts.

Electronic Punk said:
Sorry no testing last night. Unless testing the effect of alcohol on 64bit os users counts.

Ooooh do tell. :D

I'm Ryan, owner of Extended64.com. I'm glad that Electronic Punk is blogging with us :laugh:

If any of you guys want to talk about x64, send me an email, and you can have a blog too. :)

Hey Ryan. Nice to see you here. We should meet up in Seattle next week. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back