WindowsXP, Router, mIRC, Networking...

M

MoDiE

I have a cable connection shared between 2 computers A (Win XP Pro) and B (Win 2000) thru an Accton Cheetah Access Internet Gateway.

I am able to get both computer working with the IP address as 192.168.xxx.3 for PC A and 192.168.xxx.2 for PC B. The gateway IP (the broadband router is 192.168.xxx.1. Now, my problem is, I can't seem to be able to DCC send out anything from mIRC on PC A but I am able to recieve. Also, nobody can access my FTP server at all on PC A also. I have already enabled DMZ host on PC A. I have tried opening all the ports mIRC use already in my router's special application page but still to no avail. I also have enabled DMZ host on the PC i want to use for DCC and FTP server.

Also, I can't seem to share files between the 2 PCs even though I have already configured the folders to be "shared". I have tried disabling the built in firewall in WinXP Pro. Everything was working fine when PC A used to have Win 2000 last time, but this problem comes when I recently upgraded to Win XP Pro. So any networking experts out there can help me?

i am more concerned about can't being able to DCC send in mIRC...

Originally posted by BigPete
Try enabling the "Guest" account on the WinXP machine.

have tried opening all the ports mIRC use already in my router's special application page but still to no avail.

Did you just OPEN the ports or are you FORWARDING them to the proper IP address?

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back