WindowsXP OS misreading speeds!!

Sounds good. I am glad I am not alone with this frustrating dilemma. After talking to the SOYO Techs they think the problem is WindowXP (which Microsoft is aware of this problem and is trying to get a fix out.) related and told me to try Windows 98 2nd edition. So far in the last 24hrs I have had no problem however. Who the F*%K knows with this thing....

I will keep everyone advised.

Merry Christmas.

perhaps a fix for os misreading speeds

Ok well i emailed the soyo tech support and they suggested using this bios kvx40103.bin now this is for the platinum editon of the kt400 because thats what i had, i returned my board the other day and purchased a different that solved my problems but for those of you who are still having it i would try this bios out. But only if you have a soyo platinum, not sure how the black version would work with it but i dont think i would try it out.

Or email them from thier site www.soyousa.com

Thanks for the info. My system is flying and working so good! I only get the slower mis read speeds every once in a while. I guess its tolerable as long as nothing else happens. I can go for weeks with out a problem, then when I download drivers or update anything that requires a restart sometimes my system responds back at half speed and choppy performance. Otherwise the system is really fast. If anyone heres of a windows patch or fix regarding this please e-mail me asap.
Thanks

well good to hear that

good to hear you only have the problem when installing drivers mine did it every time i restarted when computer was warm.

i choose the abit at7 - max2 as a replacement and i must say it has been excellent for me no problems and real fast.

Thats good to hear! I just do not want to take my MOBO apart and reformat for the 5th time. If anything else happens however I am sending it back and buying another board pronto.

Meet me on BF1942 most evenings est and look for CC*Seargent Slaughter, great game lots of fun if you are into that thing! If not, then thanks anyway.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back