windowssystem32configsystem

F

fedele

\windows\system32\config\system

I am not an expert on software or computers but XP has been nothing but a nightmare!!! Let's get the general idea from the biggest software developer in the world:

Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - Q307545

When you try to start or restart your Windows XP-based computer, you may receive one of the following error messages:

Windows XP could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: \WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM

Now the article doesn't describe the possible causes of the crash, at all.

I am getting this error frequently. I have made several clean installations, the problem is not corrected. I have removed/installed the modem , network cards, sound cards an video cards. I have updated all drivers from MS update and from manufacturers.

Before this errors appears, the computer checks the hardrives for consistency a couple of times.

I am pretty sure it has to do with a driver as I recovered from following the instructions and chose the next to last recovery point. After a few restarts PC crashed again, same problem. It seems like the problem builds itself until causes the crash.

1. I need to know how to boot XP in DOS mode and be able to flash the BIOS
2. You think a driver can be causing this
3. You think my jumper settings on HDD can be doing this. I have removed the slave HDD and set my jumpers as Master in HDD 0

Help me please!!!:confused: :confused:

The title of the article tells you the cause. "How to Recover from a Corrupted Registry that Prevents Windows XP from Starting."
You seem to have a corrupted registry. Follow the instructions from the article.

\windows\system32\config\system

thank you for your feedback.

I did. My \windows\system32\config\system gets corrupted and it gets corrupted consistently, frequently.

i have triple checked everything in HDD and drivers up to date.

I have done the procedure described in MSKB but this procedure does not correct the problem....do you understand what I mean?

Do you know how to boot ib DOS mode on WIN XP PRO??

Try this:

When booting press f8 to get to a list of options, safe mode etc. Choose the one where you can get to the C:\prompt. Then type sfc. Then choose the scan now option. That should repair any corrupted files.

"sfc
The system file checker scans protected system files and replaces the ones you (or your applications) hacked beyond repair with the real, official Microsoft versions. Type "sfc" into the command prompt to get a list of options."

Just as an update to those good souls that have replied, this is what I receive almost every time I start the computer: "the system has recovered from a serious crash"

then my I send the error report to MS. Before I used to get : "Error caused by a device driver" now i get:

windows online crash amalysis:

Error is being researched

Thank you for submitting an error report to Windows Online Crash Analysis. Unfortunately, we cannot provide you with specific information about how to resolve this problem at this time. The information that you and other users submit will be used to investigate this problem.

Analysis

This error is currently being researched.

Getting Help

If this problem occurred after you installed a new hardware device or software on your system, try one of the following:

If you know the hardware or software manufacturer, contact the manufacturer's product support service for assistance.
If you don't know the manufacturer and need help diagnosing and resolving this problem, contact your computer manufacturer's product support service.
For information about Microsoft support options, visit Microsoft Product Support Services.

For more information, see Product Support Services on the Microsoft Web site.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back