windowssystem32configsystem missing or corrupt

L

loppdawg69

\windows\system32\config\system missing or corrupt

I get the error message "\windows\system32\config\system missing or corrupt" when starting and then it tells me to boot from cd and use the repair command. I know how to get into the repair function but what do i do to fix this.

help for you

has this been happening to you often?

Let me guess... your using the devils0wn copy and you ran windows update?

never happened to me before, and no it is not devils own it is home edition and it is for a friend of mine but i figured it out...it was that the registry hive file was corrupt i had to go into repair mode and then restore the file from c:\windows\repair\system

Unfortunately this has happened to me maaaany times.If you go to the recovery console from the boot cd you can repair it( you probably already know this solution)but you will lose all your settings and installed programs.Another solution is to disable from the properties of the hard disk the option "enable write caching on disk".This happens because when you shut down your pc the registry changes are written in the disk.So if something goes wrong when you restart your pc it will not be able to find the registry.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back