Windows

N

Not Bman

In your opinion which do you prefere??

Windows XP Pro
Windows XP Home

Okay - some fool has to vote for Home

Reasoning - I got rid of my four year old Compaq running Win98, bought a new puter and it had XP Home as OEM - so I like Home (of course I never used Pro & already wish Home had a b/u prog).

One thing I can say though - unlike my Compaq which BSOD'd on average every four or less hours - I have not see a BSOD in XP since I got the puter (8 Feb 2002) Better knock on wood!!

HOME for me..

why? cheaper... and 90% of people out there won't use the extra network security features and dual-cpu support that pro provides.

Originally posted by taurus
HOME for me..

why? cheaper... and 90% of people out there won't use the extra network security features and dual-cpu support that pro provides.

i thought the question was which do u prefer (to use) not (to buy) hmm anyway pro for me

Home for me, it does everything i need,far superior to the previous blue screen nightmare ME.

i got home pre installed so it's all i need, why do i need pro if home does all my need's?

I ain't got home installed, but Proffesional makes me sound better, so i'm going with that.

Originally posted by damnyank
Okay - some fool has to vote for Home

Reasoning - I got rid of my four year old Compaq running Win98, bought a new puter and it had XP Home as OEM - so I like Home (of course I never used Pro & already wish Home had a b/u prog).

One thing I can say though - unlike my Compaq which BSOD'd on average every four or less hours - I have not see a BSOD in XP since I got the puter (8 Feb 2002) Better knock on wood!!

See where it says b/u prog?

Had Pro installed since October...

It's worked fine, but I wonder if I'd be better suited to Home, since I do use it at home.

But then again proffesional does sound better! :D

What is a b/u program?
what does that mean, mentioned above?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back