Windows XP64 Advancement Program

ming

OSNN Advanced
Sticky please.

It seems that Microsoft has opened up x64 upgrades on their latest operating system, Windows XP 64-bit.

Technology Advancement Program Eligibility
In order to be eligible to receive Windows XP Professional x64 Edition, your computer must have been ordered or built between March 31, 2003 and July 31, 2005 and must contian an x64 processor. You must also have a Retail (Full Packaged Product), System Builder, or OEM version of Microsoft Windows® XP Pro (32-bit) to exchange.

https://microsoft.productorder.com/clientx64/default.aspx

ahhh booo.. thanks.. you may slap me and delete this thread then. :D

we'll leave the thread, it's a good reminder, but you still get slapped...

Is only for OEMs sadly, easy enough to get a copy somehow.
I have 3 different copies from 3 different legitimate sources now and that doesn't include buying a copy. ( http://www.over-clock.co.uk for example)

Electronic Punk said:
Is only for OEMs sadly, easy enough to get a copy somehow.
Are you sure about that?
In order to be eligible to receive Windows XP Professional x64 Edition, your computer must have been ordered or built between March 31, 2003 and July 31, 2005 and must contian an x64 processor. You must also have a Retail (Full Packaged Product), System Builder, or OEM version of Microsoft Windows® XP Pro (32-bit) to exchange.
Sounds like retail versions are eligible too. :)

In order to be eligible to receive Windows XP Professional x64 Edition, your computer must have been ordered or built between March 31, 2003 and July 31, 2005 and must contian an x64 processor.

How can that be proved? Granted that it would be a miracle if any PC was built with a 64bit processor in it before february 2004.

Still not recieved my Commemorative Edition Kunal :p

Electronic Punk said:
Still not recieved my Commemorative Edition Kunal :p
Hmm...I'll have to check with my dad. I'm pretty sure he sent it out earlier this week.
Should get there soon. I'll let you know though. :)

I won't be taking up this offer even with my new rig which I hope will be completed before mid-june. Got everything except the CPU. :(
My next OS will likely be Longhorn if anything.

I went to the site and after I entered my product ID number and everything but than it along with the other personal information it asks for a credit card number... are they charging for this upgrade??

Hmm, good point dom02. They do not mention price but want a credit card number.

Gee, that's just like asking you to hand them a signed, blank check and saying "trust me". Myabe it's just to cover a small handling and shipping fee, like $180, but the software will be free. ;)

It did that using my OEM version XP Pro COA. It rejected the PID on this machine using the same XP Pro version.

Anyone not had the site ask for a credit card number?

It would be nice if they actually said that and named an amount...

Did I miss some fine print somewhere?

I missed it at first when I got mine, but then saw the price somewhere

thats good to know its just a shipping charge...now I have to figure out if I want to get it or not. I think I do have an extra copy of xp anyways so I probably should just go ahead and give it a try.

When I put in my order shipping was 12$ + 89 cents in tax or something dumb.

I won't complain, 12$ for a legal copy of Windows XP64 is a steal.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back