Windows XP wont boot at all :(

Grandmaster

Electronica Addict
Political Access
Ok let me explain this problem.

I was gonna use my webcam, so I plugged USB cable of the webcam into the back of the computer. But then I noticed the mouse didnt respond. The computer didmt crash, the mouse just stopped responding. So I shut down my comp... But after doing that I realise that while I was plugging the wecam USB cable, I loosened up the mouse's cable. :mad:

Now I get the following error, accompanied with a BLUE SCREEN:

A Problem has been detected and windows has been sht down to prevent damage to your computer.

UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

If this is the first time you've seen this error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, aask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching and shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Start Up Options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical Information:

### STOP: 0X000000ED (OX8178BAF8, 0XC000009C, 0X00000000, 0X00000000)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, another thing that might be useful to know is that whenever, I use my webcam, even thought its USB cable is connected to my pc, Windows wont recognize it until I take the USB out, and plug it back in....

My System Specs:

Windows XP Home Edition
12 GB Harddrive
48 GB Harddrive
256 MB SDRAM
P4 1.5 GHZ

I really hope someone can help me out, becuase I DONT WANNA FORMAT

:(

o_87

Boot up in safe mode, do a system restore, back before you screwed up.

(press F8 right after Bios screen, might have to press it more than once, choose safe mode).

:cool:

Originally posted by Iceman38
Boot up in safe mode, do a system restore, back before you screwed up.

(press F8 right after Bios screen, might have to press it more than once, choose safe mode).

... i dont even enable system restore i think its not that great it eats up some of the necessary resources

Originally posted by leonlai

... i dont even enable system restore i think its not that great it eats up some of the necessary resources

could not disagree anymore with you, but that is your opinion, but the next time you screw something up, u might just wish u had made at least one system restore point. I don't know how many people that little feature has saved, but I do know a bunch that it did.

I just formatted the computer, besides I was gonna do that tommorow, plus I backed up all my importatn data yesterday.. :)

Have you try logging on with 'Administrator'?
log on with Administrator and make a new user. It might work.

no no, I didnt say I cant log in, i said that Windows wont boot ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back