Windows XP Update site problem

V

viper

now everytime i go to the windows update site for windows xp pro, i get the message:
Thank you for your interest in windows update
blaa blaa
you must be running a windows operating system in order to use this update

What has gone wrong?
i use win xp pro was working fine befors?

I have another problem with Windows Update.
I use XP PRO and i get this error :

New Windows Update Software Required

The Windows Update site has been updated. To update your version of the software and begin using Windows Update, click Update Now.

And i have an " update now" button, i push it 200 times and nothing happens

is the cd-key that you're using the one that starts with FCK..?? If so you cannot update your XP anymore, since M$ has banned that serial. For further info goin here /http://www.cdfreaks.com/news2.php3?ID=4214

Not true, you cant update your win xp with that that cd key after you have installed spxp1 afaik.

Originally posted by Santamanne
Not true, you cant update your win xp with that that cd key after you have installed spxp1 afaik.

Sorry i did not understand, you mean you can update or you mean you cannot updat with the XP's installed using the cd-key FC...???:confused: :confused:

I have Win XP Pro Corp and I didnt install that beta release of SP1 or anything, was waiting to hear reports on it.

Well anyway the other nite I tried to run windows update to get some of the updates I was missing. It dont work now.

I have changed my product key over 25 times. Still dont work.

It's not just the key. Run regwiz /r (start>run) OFFLINE and fill in whatever info you wish. When it comes to the inventory of your machine click NO for NOT sending it to MS. Click cancel.

You now should have a NEW WPA which is imperitive.
Those who do a clean install need not do this with a new key.

--Rich

Didnt help.. When i got to the part that asked about inventory, I clicked no, then hit cancel. Pops up another box, says blah blah u canceled registration wizard. All i could do was hit Finish... Got online, live update still dont work.

I made a new cdkey, put that in. then did the regwiz /r like you said. no go.

Did I do something wrong?

Information on message on Windows Update web site.

Hi All,

What I've heard (straight from the Windows Update Queue, I'm currently doing Windows XP support here in NS, Canada), that this is a problem with the actual web site, they were looking at having it fixed by thursday or friday of last week, but now it seems like it may be a bit longer :(

Funny thing is if you do a clean install of Windows XP with a new key, it works fine... Sooooo, umm ya...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back