Windows XP Update problem

K

Kryptonic

Hi all

I have a small problem regarding the online update feature with XP. I go to the update site, and download the 2 client programs (if it is the 1st i go to the site) and scan for updates. After the update scan is finished there are a few updates available. I select the updates i want (mainly the critical updates) and click "review and install".

the dialog box them pops up. normally in this box the EULA (End User Lincense Agreement) is there, but instead a "Page cannot be displayed" is there. So, i ignore that and click Accept to start the download, but none of the downloads actually download, they sit and hang for a few seconds, then it attempts the next download, and does the same thing, after it attempts all the downloads they are all marked as failed

some one please help.

regards

Will

I just had the same problem i think their
.download.windowsupdate.com server isn't working becuase when you try to look at the details fo the problem, nothing happens also.

I think its their problem not ours. best just to try it later on today

thx Khay, it was really bugging me becasuse i was forced to do a dredded format last night (/me shudders) oh well, i will try later on today or tomorrow

a lot of people report it as working, so I think it may be because of using a cracked winxp

Me to

Im having the same problems, mine started this year, last update I managed to get down was near the later part of Dec 2001.
Both my machines are doing it, so is my freinds.

Anyone got any bright idea's? is it a problem with MS? has anyone been able to get the latest security fixes?

?

You can go back to Windows Update and in the lower left, under "See Also" is a link to 'windows update catalog.' Go in there and select the updates you want, download and run them from your hard drive(s).

This does'nt work either.
Is MS's download site out of action?

I just went and downloaded two. Don't know what your problem could be. Can you download files from other sites?

Yeah, can download loads of other stuff, even got down the XP power toys pack (18mb) so its not a problem there.
Loads of people on the newgroups are shouting about it as well. I cant even display the licence thing in the "Accept or Decline" windows before the download starts.
Looks like my XP is stuff.... think a 2k Pro install is due soon...

Well, i'm only like 150 miles or so from Redmond too. There might be some network problems getting it to download for you right now. I had the problem a couple times, just like your describing, and I just waited and kept going back until it worked.

Im a few 000's miles away.
Could just be some fun, everyones had a new PC for Xmas I bet....

Ill give it a week or to.

Cheers for the help.

i dont beleive that the distance from the client to the microsoft will have anything to do with it. i think it could be because of the following reasons:

- everybody has bought (the fools) Windows XP for xmas and are downloading the updates for it, thus hogging server bandwith

- the server its self could be down, but like many other people these problems have only just started happening

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back