Windows XP Update Download(s) problems!

w0lv3rin3

The Source
Political Access
ok, when I do a scann on windows update, w00t w00t, that works out just fine, but when I click, Review/Install, then Install Link, it wont even download any of the updates, any1 care to give suggestions to help fix this problem!

Here is a Screenshot

IE Update ScreenShot Problems = (

instead of trying to d/l all the updates you need, try one or 2 at a time and see if that helps.

try to disable antiv. while downloading updates for windows ..

i have tried both, still no luck, 1 @ time and disable AV

a temp. problem with the site for nearly 3 months now, umm i dont think so, any other suggestions

Could also be a problem with your 'pop-up' stopper, or security settings.

I think the updateing requires at least some scripting, and other permissions.

I had a similar problem a while back, but it had to do with the security settings in ie. It might help to either temporarily, or permanently put the update in your trusted sites zone.

I do not want to respond, and also, it would not matter if I had a Legit or Pirated version of XP, I do undderstand the fact that using a Blacklisted key of XP will not allow you to d/l or scann for updates, but I do have a LEgit key

Try the "help" at microsoft's update site.

I've had a couple of glitches, that they had an available fix for.

Go to Internet Options-connections-Lan settings-and uncheck Automatically detect settings then try updating.
Remember to re-check the box when you are done.

Do you have the leaked version of Service Pack 2 installed? I had the same problem as you, but instead it did download the file(s), but couldn't install it, because of an 'error' (I don't know if it's the same error that you encountered, I can't connect to the site where the pic is hosted). That was because these files were already installed on my system (because of SP2), but somehow didn't report it to the Windows Update site.
Uninstall SP2 to rectify the problem.

What internet browser are you using? If you aren't already, you should try the updates with IE.

Originally posted by Glaanieboy
Do you have the leaked version of Service Pack 2 installed? I had the same problem as you, but instead it did download the file(s), but couldn't install it, because of an 'error' (I don't know if it's the same error that you encountered, I can't connect to the site where the pic is hosted). That was because these files were already installed on my system (because of SP2), but somehow didn't report it to the Windows Update site.
Uninstall SP2 to rectify the problem.

I did have leaked SP2 installed but i could still update with no problems, just this happend reciently, ive havnt formated my comp for nearly like 1 yr.

Im looking in MS help ATM.

im using IE

try using a third party updater

I've been using BigFix for years
IMHO much more reliable than the win update site

get the latest version here
http://www.softnews.ro/public/cat/12/2/12-2-5.shtml

tip ~ once the update has finished click cancel install
then you can get the update out of the BigFix directory for future use

:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back