Windows XP SP3 RC2

N

Not Bman

Everyone is talking about Vista SP1, what about SP3 for XP?

I just installed it and so far so good, no problems. Anyone else installed it?

Too chicken after the Vista SP1 RC problems I had. Does it add anything of note? Is it faster etc?

So far I have not noticed anything different. Which might be a good thing.

The only thing I noticed is that it trashed most of the custom themes the XPSP2 install installed but otherwise it seems to be fine.

They just released a refresh build of XPSP3 RC2

None of my themes were messed with, all fine and dandy.

Well it most likely puts a new uxtheme.dll in there I guess?

XP SP3 doesn't have anything in there that should stop it being immediately deployed. I will need to do a bit of messing around (extra nic driver, raid driver for single disk intel array - muppets) and then it should be good to go on our network.

Then I will be stopping my work on XP deployment for ever and ever, handing it to someone else in time for the e-series :p

I used a customized XPSP2 that included loads of themes. Though as EP said I think that is what it did, updated the uxtheme.dll and I've gotten contact with the person who made the customized install I used to inform him of that but figure it will be a while before it gets fixed and unless I do something to really fubar the install I can live without the themes

found this in my travels
http://www.crn.com/software/206905723?cid=CRNFeed

it will be re patched once xp sp3 is final - you can guarantee that :p

I have been using Neowin's Multipatcher for along time, yet not updated for SP3. So I searched around google and found a hacked uxtheme.dll files and used replacer to replace my version, worked great.

I like the fact they are including the hotfix for HD Audio support, bout dang time!

Was easy enough to slipstream that one :)
I integrated every hotfix I could into the SP2 build we have and it must take 10-15 mins longer to install.

when Service pack 3 (RC1) was released last year around November. Many claimed a 10% performance boost vs. the same configuration running under Windows XP w/Service Pack 2.

Under my testing at the time on my Laptop loaded with SP3 I did notice a boost in start up time and some quicker response time when opening up certain programs.

I do not use Windows too much but I when I do, I will be installing it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back