Windows XP SP3 Preview, IE7, MP 10/11 more

Interesting i admit, but i dont usually get too excited about service packs until they actually appear on microsoft.com :)

IE7 is an almost certainty however.

I was interested until I saw how much there was to read there! :eek: :p

muzikool said:
I was interested until I saw how much there was to read there! :eek: :p

Indeed, is alot of info. But keep in mind that Service Packs are HUGE rollups of files. It has to be able to include SP1, SP2 and SP3, so that you can have a bareboned XP Installation pre-SP1 and be up to date after a single roll-up pack. Hence the huge "laundry-list".

nix said:
Interesting i admit, but i dont usually get too excited about service packs until they actually appear on microsoft.com :)

IE7 is an almost certainty however.

I agree on the IE7 front. The beta now, and when it's final will only work on SP2 and beyond.

Im using the beta right now on an XP Home SP2 system and to be quite honest it appears to be very stable. I have had no issues so far, it looks like to me just IE6 with a couple of tweaks and a beta UI. Saying that though I do understand its more than that :p

edit In fact I have had one issue, trillian crashes now and wont start. Only since the beta install so no doubt we will see a trillian update in the not to distant future.

NetRyder has posted in the Vista thread that Trillian does indeed crash with IE7. He made a suggestion there that might take care of it.

nix said:
Im using the beta right now on an XP Home SP2 system and to be quite honest it appears to be very stable. I have had no issues so far, it looks like to me just IE6 with a couple of tweaks and a beta UI. Saying that though I do understand its more than that :p

edit In fact I have had one issue, trillian crashes now and wont start. Only since the beta install so no doubt we will see a trillian update in the not to distant future.

I also run IE7 on my XP SP2 Pro Machine, and had the Trillian problem. In the IE7 post, NetRyder suggests it's something to do with the MSN Plugin. I hope there is a new RC for Trillian, but for now since I can't lose MSN functionality, I have swithced to GAIM, which is free :)

I have found myself using gAIM for now also (just until trillian updates though).

nix said:
I have found myself using gAIM for now also (just until trillian updates though).

I concur, GAIM is no Trillian. However since I have full-blown Vista on another machine, I may un-install IE7 so I can have Trillian back, I miss it :cry:

What's ridiculous about that msn plugin in ie7 is I'm already signed in. When I click on the green guy ... guess what.

yes, IE7 opens up another instance of MSN

Silly.
(but otherwise, I'm having fun with it... nice tabs, icons finally... )

I don't trust it.

The first three downloads are link to what seems to be Microsoft but when the page loads on the lower bottom of my browser (firefox) on the status bar it says "transfering data from c.microsoft.com". Plus they are linked to a diferent directory (kb directory) than the other updates. Maybe because they are new and have not been added to the actual update directory or...

Also if you go directly to Microsoft by actually typing in it's URL it does not show this c.microsoft when the pages are loading. And this c.microsoft is a virtual directory. Yeah I know, many sites including Microsoft have them. I don't know, I just don't feel it.

But if these are legit update file names then you can just copy the names into Microsoft's search thing on thier site and find it there.

What can I say. I'm an untrusting soul. :D

Then again this site could have been put up by someone at Microsoft. I don't know.

They will probably release this after the os is out .. By which point it will be useless .. I hope they release it before hand though .. I didnt' even know they were working on a Media Player 11 ...

Freshly registered on 26-July - name holder isn't hiding anything, based out of Washington State.

Your hunch on Microsoft may be right.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back