Windows XP SP2 - Front Page News.. thoughts?

Kr0m

OSNN Veteran Addict
I just read the info posted on the front page by PC World about XP SP2.
This a much needed service pack for XP users although I think they took their sweet time in including some of the updates listed. You'd think they would have had a decent firewall, popup blocker, OE security related updates already implemented in XP when it first went retail.

I tried out sp2.. it sucks.. :)

unless you absolutely must have a try @ it... don't bother till it goes final... the beta has bugs out the wazoo... the activeX reminder pop-up box in and of itself was the pits...

performance also slows down across the board or so it seems...

I have installed winxpsp2, home and pro, on 4 different computers. Even the wifes junky hp just for giggles to see how it would do. All the computers work like a million bucks. Yes I am a beta tester for sp2. I have found it to be a very good service pack and will advice others to install it when it becomes available.

I tired it then I reformatted.
Don't get me wrong it has great potential, but as a beta tester, don't I actually need something less buggy to test before it's spring release?

Electronic Punk said:
I tired it then I reformatted.
Don't get me wrong it has great potential, but as a beta tester, don't I actually need something less buggy to test before it's spring release?

i hope they just put it out, but do 1 thing at a time.. put out the Sp2, change the way files are organized or whatever they're doing.. add the firewall bonus later, add the blah blah and the yack yack later... and so on and so forth. ("worst post ever" - comic book guy *simpsons*)

Electronic Punk said:
as a beta tester, don't I actually need something less buggy to test before it's spring release?
Beta testers are meant to find and report bugs.

Yeah, but hotfixes are supposed to be released on the fly to fix the mentioned bugs.

I am havin real trouble downloading the RC1, I am a beta tester, but the MS download application doesn't let me :(

Nah, I wanted the express installer. It's less than a meg, and then it grabs everything else.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back