Windows XP Service Pack 2 issuse

johnsonlim027

OSNN Junior Addict
After updating with Service Pack two, the user which are in the domain group face the problems:
1.The user must login with the authentication from the DC even though it is not their first time login.
2.If the user login without the authentication from the DC, it prompts the user blue screen only after their success of login.

I have try with following solution such as rejoin the domain, delete the user profile, recreate the user profile and try to edit the local policy settings..but still not solve.Does anyone have idea on this?:)

johnsonlim027 said:
After updating with Service Pack two, the user which are in the domain group face the problems:
1.The user must login with the authentication from the DC even though it is not their first time login.
2.If the user login without the authentication from the DC, it prompts the user blue screen only after their success of login.

I have try with following solution such as rejoin the domain, delete the user profile, recreate the user profile and try to edit the local policy settings..but still not solve.Does anyone have idea on this?:)
I am not entirely sure of your problem, but are you stating it's bad they have to login with Domain credentials?

Also, I would recommend at least turning of the local Windows XP Firewall, it will make GPO work a little better until you get things sorted, then you can try switching it back.

In a domain, I wouldn't mess with "local policy settings", do all through GPO.

Perhaps provide some more detail?

The problem is after I update the notebook user with Windows XP Service Pack 2, the user can login by no network cable that link them to the DC but it is only blue screen after they success login.Previously, once domain user have login the notebook, they can login and use the windows although there is no network cable that link them to the DC ...I am suspecting this is a security provided by SP2

johnsonlim027 said:

Check this registry key Johnsonlim027:

Have you checked the value in the registry?
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version\Winlogon\

ValueName: CachedLogonsCount
Data Type: REG_SZ
Values: 0 - 50

The upgrade may have reset it. Make sure it's got a value of 5, or 10 or so.

I'm not sure I understand question 2, but I will look into it. What do you mean by 'Blue Screen' ?

The blue screen is that it is only blue screen after the user success login into the window.By right, after the user success login into the windows they should see all the icon in the desktop but they see only the blue screen and have to push the the restart button and then login as local administrator

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back