Not an issue Windows XP section

ShepsCrook

Red Sox Fan!
Do you think it would be a good idea to have a separate Windows XP section like Windows 7? Maybe even a Windows Vista section?

Since there are applications that run on different ones and separate issues with all of them.

xp is out dated and windows vista is getting shelved when windows7 is officially released.

Yup, but if this is an OS news site. and our forums cover a wide gamut of issues, why not include them in chat. People still use both XP and vista.

well.. don't older OS' fit in the "windows support & discussion section"?

Yes, but I'm sure many of you have found that there are some people that don't like Vista, so they stick with XP. As well as some that won't want Windows 7 and will want XP. To have the resources more easily available in different sections would be nicer for those people.

Didn't Vista/Win 7 replace the XP section? Oh wait .. perhaps not as the site was originally about XP. :) It might be good though to have an XP subsection of Windows OS's as fewer people are upgraded to Vista and Vista 2.0 (Win 7).

but that would leave 3 different sections.. or 4

i mean, windows 7 has to have its own, since it will be MS's flagship os
then another one for xp
and another one for legacy+vista (or, one for each?)

idk.. just seems kinda messy
maybe we'll get lucky and this "xp is better than everything just cos im too lazy to upgrade" frenzy will stop ;D

edit: i do agree with your other suggestion (idk where it is, so i'll say it here)
there should be a section for htpc's maybe, with that and games under "entertainment"?

Yes, it can't hurt to add sections. It helps clean things up and makes changes that can typically only be for the good.

but that would leave 3 different sections.. or 4

i mean, windows 7 has to have its own, since it will be MS's flagship os
then another one for xp
and another one for legacy+vista (or, one for each?)

idk.. just seems kinda messy
maybe we'll get lucky and this "xp is better than everything just cos im too lazy to upgrade" frenzy will stop ;D

edit: i do agree with your other suggestion (idk where it is, so i'll say it here)
there should be a section for htpc's maybe, with that and games under "entertainment"?
I would say Legacy, XP, Vista/7. And I don't think you'll get lucky with the "xp is better than everything just cos im too lazy to upgrade" frenzy until makes a better UI and makes it a nicer to use OS (aka customers are not criminals so don't treat them as such with your crazy DRM and disabling of features). Since I don't think that'll happen with 7 we can only hope it'll happen with 8. :) By then though most people will just be running XP in a VM on some other OS perhaps. If it wasn't for gaming I think MS market share would be taking a much larger hit, it's the only reason I have an Windows box.

^^ Gaming is a big issue that puts windows in the lead. I agree that if it wasn't for that, windows windows would be pretty low .. Then of course cost is another issue. Seeing that a pc that cost 300 would cost 3,000.0 for the same comparable mac ..

^^ Gaming is a big issue that puts windows in the lead. I agree that if it wasn't for that, windows windows would be pretty low .. Then of course cost is another issue. Seeing that a pc that cost 300 would cost 3,000.0 for the same comparable mac ..
I think you might be drinking the kool-aid if you think your going to get a Windows box for $300 comparable to to a Mac. :) I think if you actually priced out a high end machine (gaming) to a comparable Mac I don't think the Mac would be so "over priced".

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back