Windows XP Professional x64 Edition

They are trying to make me pay shipping for a download?!?!.......good ol MS

zeke_mo said:
They are trying to make me pay shipping for a download?!?!.......good ol MS
hmm.. i see
Shipping and handling charges will apply for CD orders.
and then ...
Windows XP Professional x64 Edition - CD FREE
Windows XP Professional x64 Edition - Download FREE

heh, I went to download with firefox and still had a 7$ fee, I went in IE and it worked this time....

I asked two questions which he couldn't answer (NDA)
: is there a difference between pro64 and extended system?
: could you ellaborate on the release plans?

I will hopefully learn a little more next month, but I want all the details I recieve to be non-nda.

the S&H only applies for the CD order if you get charged for download try going to the list and remove the CD order coz it might still be added to the cart
has anyone tried it yet i didn't get around installing it i might do it soon

I am waiting until I screw up my current installation.
I won't use a marked beta on my production system.

well i dont think installing this verison of xp would be a good idea anyway, since all application that will run on it are all 32bit, they might not work properly and end up with problems

64bit is completely backward compatible with 32bit

Electronic Punk said:
I asked two questions which he couldn't answer (NDA)
: is there a difference between pro64 and extended system?
: could you ellaborate on the release plans?

I will hopefully learn a little more next month, but I want all the details I recieve to be non-nda.
Ain't the extended system for AMD64 processors and the Pro64 for Itanium?

Electronic Punk said:
64bit is completely backward compatible with 32bit

And presumably you can install it and make a dual boot system? Or does it insist on taking over completely from any previous XP?

whooo hooo, *gives me something to do tommow first period in school HEHE!

Guys the ersion mentioned above is ONLY for AMD64 processors and the Pro64 for Itanium. It wont run on a 32bit proccesor, so dont bother installing it if you don't have one. Also the version is a beta and trial (for 360 days)

I am hesitant to install the version (public beta) that I have as my system is very happy at the moment.

When I was over at MS I bought a copy of VirtualPC and talked to the guy incharge of Windows64, unfortunatly the only question I got to ask him briefly, if I could use VirtualPC on my WindowsXP 32 bit version to use Windows64.

The answer was yes, but it would only be running 32 bit, so a good way of evaluating the product, without really running in 64bit.

I would guess you can dual-boot as long as you install to a different partition.

yeah know, ill install it on my computer when i have the 64bit, but ill download it tommow morning in school if i can

Electronic Punk said:
I am hesitant to install the version (public beta) that I have as my system is very happy at the moment.

When I was over at MS I bought a copy of VirtualPC and talked to the guy incharge of Windows64, unfortunatly the only question I got to ask him briefly, if I could use VirtualPC on my WindowsXP 32 bit version to use Windows64.

The answer was yes, but it would only be running 32 bit, so a good way of evaluating the product, without really running in 64bit.

I would guess you can dual-boot as long as you install to a different partition.
Since in your sig you are mentioning that you have a AMD64, you can install the Windows 64.Otherwise dont.

I have a 64 bit processor so I can install it, but I have a 32 bit OS that I am very happy with. Well not the OS, but the entire setup. Like many people here I have spent hours and hours carefully customising almost every aspect of windows - not something I want to wipe to try out what is likely to be an unstable beta.

Electronic Punk said:
I have a 64 bit processor so I can install it, but I have a 32 bit OS that I am very happy with. Well not the OS, but the entire setup. Like many people here I have spent hours and hours carefully customising almost every aspect of windows - not something I want to wipe to try out what is likely to be an unstable beta.
Ghost your setup and then your free to play. :D

Nah :p
Might checkit out with VirtualPC if I ever have any free time ever again.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back