windows xp (pro) workstation service error

surge

OSNN Senior Addict
iam having problems starting the "workstation serivce" from the command line, also its not listed in the services list in admin tools.

i want to enable this service so i can add users to the "administrator" group in computer management.
can any one help me with this problem ?.

surge

OSNN Senior Addict
ok thanks for the info,
i havent setup file and print shareign as iam not going to network
the pc iam working on, i would like to restrict access to the command line so that users that dont have normal admin access cant use the comnd line

i did find some thing in gpedit that when enabled the command line ran but had a message saying access denied your system administrator has desabled this etc....

but doing that all users despite there access rights cant use the command line,

how do i make it so only admin can use it and every one else sees that message in the commad line when they run it.

leedogg

Gojyone kawaiiiiiiii!
/edit nm Enyo remembered what you needed to enable :D

Had to have server & workstation services running for MS baseline security analyzer to work...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.
Terrahertz wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Yo fellas!
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Where are you buddy?
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey EP! All good with me, applying for Microsoft MVP right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by coming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nodee