Windows XP MOUSE ACCELERATION PROBLEM!

J

javen

GAH!! Somebody else has to have this problem...Ok, I still play quake tf (quakeworld). Anyway, i just installed windows xp prof. Everything is fine EXCEPT when i play tf the mouse does some weird things....I've been told it's some mouse acceleration thing with Win XP. I have no idea how to turn it off. In Counter Strike...there is a command that guys put into the command line that gets rid of the problem...well i dont' know of such a command for quake. Is there someway to fix this...it is so annoying and has totally destroyed my aim...ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED...THANKS!

everyone seems to have mouse problems, just buy a wheel mouse, sometimes old is better!

mouse

this helped me --->> control panel- mouse- pointer options - then turn off accleration...I believe it is a box that says "Enhance pointer percision"

does anyone know the command to type in for counterstrike? cause i'm having that problem. thanx

This is all I did... I had the same problem with XP when I first got it, but I found two ways to get around it. One way is with gamespy.

I recommend using gamespy because its an easy way to get a list of servers and keep your favorites.

1) Click the Gamespy menu
2) Click Games and Filters
3) You will see Halflife checked, double-click "Command Line"
4) You will see HL.exe in the textbox, add the following commands to the textbox -noforcemparms -noforcemaccel, the command line textbox should look like this "HL.exe -noforcemparms -noforcemaccel".
5) Click Ok, and click the other Ok, put in a server ip and go in

Then the mouseaccel should be disabled for Half-Life, and all the Mods You can also add these parameters to you CS Shortcut.

The other method i found is to change the CS shortcut to compatibility mode to win ME..

Hope that helps

Lower your menu connection rate by 1. I'm on DSL, worked for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back