Windows XP hotfix

$

$triker

I have about 15 "windows xp hotfixes" on my computer, each of them requiring 305mb of space. Can i savely delete these?

whoa I would double check the space no way each one is 305 mb and the hot fixes are the updates from microsoft windows updates.... I would think by now most people would have sp1 installed and the 2-3 fixes that came out since that time....

Well i checked add/remove programs and there where 17 labeled: "Windows Xp Hotfix (Sp1) [See Q306676 for details]" but the Q3**** changes for each one. all of them displayed a size of 305mb.

yes

well these are like I said the updates from microsoft you can go look at then directly in your windows folder

$NtUninstallQ329834$

they are named this way ... you need to enable hidden files to be able to see these folders , you can highlight one and right click go to properties and get the exact size its not for the sake of saying your wrong BUT I dont believe that your windows update files are any different from anyone else's ..... if they are something totally messed up like 300mb each I would uninstall them all from the add/remove and go back to windows updates and reinstall the updates. better yet get sp1 and you wont need all those I only have 2 now with sp1 installed ........

I believe if you look again you'll see they are probably about 309 KILObytes, not MEGAbytes. Anyway, you can delete the uninstall files Kermit pointed you to.

$triker have you install SP1? If not, I would unistall all of those hot fixes and try installing it

lol

hehe if you had 15 hotfixes x 305 mb omg that would be more then 4,5 gygabyte hehe yup thats not possible, windows shows you the wrong size m8, just uninstall them and install sp1 again because all the fixes are in there !

pooh hey

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back