Windows XP Game Advisor

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
I'v been looking at screenshots on Neowin.net, that have a screen on there desktop that is called "Windows XP Game Adviser" which tests your system to see if its good enough for a game. Do any of you know what this is all about, and how I can get ahold of it??

Thanks.

ming

OSNN Advanced
It just analyses your systems hardware (specs) and OS, and then gives you a list of the latest games that will work on your machine.

Check Microsoft's gaming site.

ming

OSNN Advanced
My bad! You see the list of games first, then you test your system to see if it'llwork on your system.

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
yea after I asked you, i went and found it myself, its pretty cool. Thanks for the help, its a nifty little thing they got!!

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
the funny thing is, every game I try, it says I have minimal requirments. Which for some games, I know I have max..weird

ming

OSNN Advanced
MS is always weird. No matter what your system specs are, MS usually tells differently.

scriptasylum

OSNN Senior Addict
ming said:
MS is always weird. No matter what your system specs are, MS usually tells differently.
Ha! They're in league with the hardware manufacturers to make you buy better and more expensive hardware!

Actually, M$ says it cannot determine what I have so they cannot see if I have the necessary requirements. Hmm.

chaos945

OSNN Senior Addict
I found this handy app a long time ago, but it could be useful for those who don't know how to find out their system specs. What it will do is give a detailed rundown on everything on your system.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey ep!

All good with me, applying for microsoft mvp right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by comming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier, mine is perriscalderon at gmail
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samhicks