Windows XP Event ID 8021 and 8036

kcnychief

??? ??? ?
Political Access
I have a laptop within a Domain that takes a long time to finish the login - hangs at Applying Settings but sometimes hangs after the user hits enter after typing the password.

I've been over this document relatively thoroughly -

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/135404/EN-US/

While it shouldn't be anyways, I have disabled the ability for that machine to be a Master Browser. Now, it tries about 10x or so at boot to start the Computer Browser Service and can't. This process, again causes the login to take quite some time.

Anyone have suggestions? XP Pro Laptop, which does have a wifi card so I have already explored most of the "dual-homed" options.

There are a few other desktops/laptops in the network, none of them are experiencing this issue.

While connected...

ipconfig /release *
ipconfig /flushdns
Disconnect all adapters
Make sure drivers are up-to-date
Reconnect

If this doesn't work you may want to try to disjoin the domain and try the above again.

Drivers are up-to-date, I can try the release/renew but the lease on this IP expired just yesterday and it has been going on for the better part of a week.

I did knock it off the domain and then brought it back on, which seemed to fix it while be it only momentarily, but it has come back.

I'm thinking I could disable the Computer Browser service entirely, but I really don't see a point in doing that because I would rather fix it than toss a band aid on it. I may look at fiddling with NETBIOS over TCP/IP settings next, not quite sure really and it's a bit of a chore since access to this laptop is rather limited since the person is out of the office a lot :(

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back