Windows XP and the virtual DOS

C

C-O-R-E-Y

Hi,
My self and my father still use DOS, me because of scholl and him because of some apps he made to help him with his work.
Anyway when whe are in DOS (cmd.exe) on the command line or inside a DOS based program the keyboard keys don't correspond very well but I have managed to do this with the following: "mode con:cp select=860" wich 860 is the code for Portuguese keyboards but what I wanted to know is where can I put this line of code in some how that it does by it self cuz each time we go to DOS we have to write this otherwise the keyboard will be totaly freaked out.

Please help me.

Do you have the right setup in control panel for your keyboard?

Yeah, if you just want to automate this for when you are using DOS then write yourself a tiny .bat file:

Open notepad, type in

mode con:cp select=860
cmd.exe

save it as "yourname.bat", then just run that when you need DOS

ta ta

TOK:cool:

yeah I have the right keyboard.
and that of the bat file I already tought about it but is not good idea, because I want to start a DOS program clicking on it's execute file not executing cmd.exe and then choose the app to run.

just create the batch file to launch the program after the change is made then... use it as your shortcut to the program.

I know that my english has some mistakes but can't you understand it?

I DON'T WANT TO START IT WITH A BATCH FILE
BECAUSE I HAD TO CREATE A FU*KING BATCH FOR EACH DOS PROGRAM I USE.

I KNOW I CAN DO THAT, OTHERWISE I WOULDN'T COME OVER HERE AND POST THIS SH*T.

perhaps you don't want to understand others bloody English

YOU CAN WRITE ONE I REPEAT ONE BATCH FILE FOR AS MANY PROGRAMMES AS YOU WANT TO INCLUDE !!!!

I DON'T WANT TO START IT WITH A BATCH FILE BECAUSE I HAD TO CREATE A FU*KING BATCH FOR EACH DOS PROGRAM I USE.
Gotcha, heaven forbid you actually have to USE A DOS COMMAND FILE TO USE DOS!!!

ok,
I give up, you still can't understand what I mean.
Forget about it

If you are using shortcuts to get to your dos programs then can you not put the line into autoexec.nt

This is the start of the file

REM AUTOEXEC.BAT is not used to initialize the MS-DOS environment.
REM AUTOEXEC.NT is used to initialize the MS-DOS environment unless a
REM different startup file is specified in an application's PIF.

So it would seem autexec.nt runs every time you start a dos program

At least I think so ???

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back