Windows XP and Code 10

S

samari

Hello,
I have GeForce3 Ti200 and at the moment i'm running driver version 21.83 WHQL from MSI. I never had issues updating the drivers to official or leaked ones.

Today, i got "Code 10"-The device couldn't start !. Except for 21.83 WHQL , all other drivers create that problem (Code 10). Even 21.83 WHQL will create Code 10 when i reboot sometimes!.

The video card is running on IRQ 16 (WIn XP assignment), nothing is shared with it. I deleted all nvidia drivers and updated to 23.11 drivers, that did not help. In my "award" BIOS, i tried both "yes and no" for Aware pnp OS", with no good results. For some reason i cannot find "Assign IRQ to Video Card" under PnP/PCI configurations; i could swear i saw it before.

I'm kind of furstrated for not being able to use the latest official version of the drivers. Not even keep the computer off "Code 10" with any drivers.

If you think you have a good insight to this problem, please respond.

Few things about my system *that matters*:
MSI KT266-A
MSI GeForce3 Ti200
Windows XP
IRQs:
IRQ 0 System timer OK
IRQ 0 System timer OK
IRQ 1 Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard OK
IRQ 3 Communications Port (COM2) OK
IRQ 4 Communications Port (COM1) OK
IRQ 6 Standard floppy disk controller OK
IRQ 8 System CMOS/real time clock OK
IRQ 9 Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System OK
IRQ 10 Avance AC'97 Audio for VIA (R) Audio Controller OK
IRQ 12 VIA Rev 5 or later USB Universal Host Controller OK
IRQ 13 Numeric data processor OK
IRQ 14 Primary IDE Channel OK
IRQ 15 Secondary IDE Channel OK
IRQ 16 MSI MS-StarForce GeForce3 Ti 200 Series (Nvidia GeForce3 Ti 200) OK
IRQ 18 AMD PCnet-Home Based Network Adapter (Generic) #2 OK

Thanks.

I tried 21.85 and they majorly blew. they were the first drivers to ever crash my card. I get the best performance from the 27.51 drivers, they work 100%, never crashed and the Nview utility has yet to cause a problem. in 27.42 Nview caused some bad memory writes to ram so there was an error here or there but the 27.51 cleared that up.

sorry.

but hey, if those drivers are not crashing then whats the problem
how are you getting that error code if there not crashing?

I'm kind of furstrated for not being able to use the latest official version of the drivers. Not even keep the computer off "Code 10" with any drivers.
ill tell you this 23.11 is awful, screw the official, if the leaked 27.51 are working for you, use em, ive had better luck and performance with the leaked drivers any way. i would be using 27.51 my self but my dvi port on my flat panel wont work on drivers 23.11, and up, so im stuck with 21.85 till i find out wtf is killing my dvi port. just tried 27.51, same bs.
anyways, i guess that proves how weird pcs are eh. ive neva had a crash with 21.85, and you did lol.
sorry though was just tryin to help, didnt meanto make you crash your machine..peace....:( :)

OK, I think "eGoalter" lost track in who is facing the problem ;)

None of the drivers well make my computer run well. All give me Code 10 (Device cannot start).

Nothing is wrong with the card itself i tried it on another system.

As far as i can research, code 10 is caused by either IRQ or drivers conflict. I know there isn't any IRQ conflict based on my previous post. I deleted all nvidia drivers in my system and reinstalled them, with also no luck.

Any further help would be appreciated ;)

Thanks

lol, ok

do you have any thing in the pci slot that is directly under the agp slot, if so move it down...that slot is a pci bandwidth hog. this might help.....;) also if you are not in acpi mode, u have to either repair or einstall xp for that pci config to work. u cant assighn irqs
unless ur in that pci/pnp mode...you dont want that, you want xp to assighn the irqs, it doesnt matter if they share. that was in the past..so try to stick with acpi, and leave thatfirst pci slot under the agp, free. i hope this helps, cause im running out of options,
hehe.oh have got the latest via 4in 1 drivers 4.37. if not get em.
and is that onboard sound. if so disable it, unless of course u dont
have a pci sound card ie, audigy ect...in which case you should, run out and get one, loloolol;)

eGoalter,
I'm glad that you are finding humor in this :)

In any case, i did try 21.85 and it SOLVED MY PROBLEM .

All the drivers wether they were leaked or official did not help at all, except for 21.85. I hope this last!

It seems more like a driver conflict rather than IRQ conflict. All i can say is Fuc*** nvidia drivers. Spend money on improving drivers rather than keep making new cards that are not even fully supported by the gaming industry.

Thanks for all who helped :D

hehe

well, actually im not finding humor in it. im simpled cause i havent slept,and i always find that, a little humor can relax you and help you sort issues out alot better. i hope you dont think i was laughing at you. i wasnt. im glad those drivers help, and if mine are any inclination you can do whateva to those 21.85 and theyll still be stable. im always trying new drivers and then rolling back to em and well, they still here, hehe. nvidia needs to get on the ball, cause its not like we gonna spend the rest of lifes on 21.85.
well im crashing now, peace...:D

darnit

it seems i got you confused with that Qumahlin guy on that one post. no wonder you thought i lost track.

sorry though was just tryin to help, didnt meanto make you crash your machine..peace....

see i thought i crashed ya and it wasnt you, thats my que, to make my way to my bed, lol:rolleyes: :D

I tried 21.85 and they majorly blew. they were the first drivers to ever crash my card. I get the best performance from the 27.51 drivers, they work 100%, never crashed and the Nview utility has yet to cause a problem. in 27.42 Nview caused some bad memory writes to ram so there was an error here or there but the 27.51 cleared that up.

i thought that was u, sorry loloololol. see ya.:eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back