Windows XP administrator password?

L

LilBlueDawg

ok guys, im usin CoolMon and i got the extension to show the weather, but to make it update, u gotta set it as a scheduled task. to set it as a scheduled task, u gotta put in the login/password for your account. im the only user on this comp, so i dun use a password, but if i set one, will i have to type it in each time the comp starts? and will i be able to disable the password later on if i decide to?

if your account is 'password protected' then yes, you will have to login each time XP starts.

If you set it to auto-login, you don't need to type the password each time. Check the options in:
Start>Run>control userpasswords2
It's in there somewhere.

Yes, you can disable the password later.

silly me. you can also use TweakUI to auto login. my bad. *smacks himself*

Yes, there is an option in TweakUI too. That would be the easiest way to do it. :)

Do you really have to put in password to set up a scheduled task? Tried it on an account with no password, didn't insert one when asked, but clicked 'next' instead. No problem.

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back