Windows XP 64-bit Preview

I have been considering it but will have to wait and see what ati's 64 bit driver policy will be... seems non-existent right now and nvidia's is not much better...

I am waiting till 64bit progs come out. They were saying on tech tv last night that there is now way to really see the diff because of there being no 64bit progs out. So it will probably be a while till I get it.

no offense but tech tv sucks :)

you will notice how their POWERED BY THE INTEL 4 UBER SUPER DUPER KING OF EVERYTHING PROCESSOR hints @ sponsorship might slightly tilt things when it comes to bias :cool:

there are a few threads across the web and there are some marked improvements in areas such as divx encoding and such...

I've read in a Dutch computer magazine that the 32-bit subsystem is still quite buggy. That means 98 % of the Windows 32-bit programs won't run on it. I don't like them mixing 32-bit with 64-bit, it's the same with Win95 to WinMe that was a 32-bit OS, with 16-bit subsystems for compatibility, but unfortunately it sucked.

Sazar said:
no offense but tech tv sucks :)

you will notice how their POWERED BY THE INTEL 4 UBER SUPER DUPER KING OF EVERYTHING PROCESSOR hints @ sponsorship might slightly tilt things when it comes to bias :cool:

there are a few threads across the web and there are some marked improvements in areas such as divx encoding and such...

actually now, they are whores for everything from Intel to AMD, Honda, and everything else. There is even a series of commercials disguised to look like short shows (d1g1tal avenue) where some woman (cough kristen spence cough money whore cough) gets paid to talk about how superdy duper awsum the new AMD processor is, or how this new Honda car is going to revolutionize the universe forever

so they are still *******s, just impartial ones :) :rolleyes:

heh... yes they are cyber ho's :)

their main sponsors are intel and nvidia... specially for computer shows like screensavers...

and btw.. the new amd processor kicks p4's ass from here to timbuktu :cool:

Yip .. AMD Rox !! It is the king. However I will be switching to intel this weekend when I order my dell .. Oh well, atleast my File server will still have AMD in it :)

My company only uses Intel as AMD are not endorsed by the MOD.
heh.

AMD will have the fastest processor by Quarter 3, 2004. If they stay on their current track... atleast the front page of NTFS said that the other day. :)

amd already have the fastest processor's dubstar :cool:

intel may have the clock speed advantage but on-die memory controller and hypertransport give amd the edge @ the moment...

clock speeds aren't everything. in overall performance, amd is on top at the moment, but intel is certainly poised to strike back.

btw, i prefer amd.

perhaps anyone here who signed up for the program can post some juicy screenshots for all us non-AMD64 people to drool at :)

I'm pretty sure it looks like the standard out-the-box Windows XP. With the exception of WinVer showing a different text, along with all the other dialogs that show the version.. Screenies can't do any harm though :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back