Windows x64 boot hangups

xanarchyx

OSNN Newbie
Anybody out there with Windows x64 Pro having problems with bootup after installing Windows Upates? This problem has happened almost everytime I've upated my Windows. It is making me crazy! I have my Windows Update set so that I get notified that I have updates and load them when I get a chance, which worked very well until I updated it twice. The OS hangs at the boot splash screen and just hangs and hangs, wierd, freeking wierd. I then have to soft boot my computer, it boots to the trouble shooting screen and then I have to pick an option ( usually Last known good ). It then boots normally and a balloon pops up and tells me I have updates ready to download. Ya know it is one of those ...... huh, moments. So I have stopped updating when the balloon pops up and instead I go to the Windows Update page in Microsoft and I do not have a problem. So what gives, anybody else having this problem?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back