Windows will not boot

Z

zoey

A friend of mine has a notebook, when she turns it on all she gets is a blinking courser, any ideas? Sorry that is all the info she emailed. Any suggestions would be great to pass on. Win XP Home

Krux

Nissan Powered
cpu is fryed hard drive had a head crash ram is no good :eek: no but really we need more info then this to help try to get her on the phone or soething and get more out of her then theres just a blinking cursor :)

Z

zoey

Originally posted by Krux
cpu is fryed hard drive had a head crash ram is no good :eek: no but really we need more info then this to help try to get her on the phone or soething and get more out of her then theres just a blinking cursor :)
Yah, not a lot to go on, she's not home right now, but if it's only a blinking courser, not much else going on:huh:

Z

zoey

Originally posted by daddyo
A black screen with a blinking cursor means she's in DOS and probably has Windows 3.1 installed. LOL.
She would love to hear that. After about 20 reboots it finally booted. Time to get that extended warranty!

X

XP Abuser

make sure that IDE 0 is set in the BIOS to first boot device that would cause a big delay in boot time

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut