Windows will not boot

Z

zoey

A friend of mine has a notebook, when she turns it on all she gets is a blinking courser, any ideas? Sorry that is all the info she emailed. Any suggestions would be great to pass on. Win XP Home

cpu is fryed hard drive had a head crash ram is no good :eek: no but really we need more info then this to help try to get her on the phone or soething and get more out of her then theres just a blinking cursor :)

Originally posted by Krux
cpu is fryed hard drive had a head crash ram is no good :eek: no but really we need more info then this to help try to get her on the phone or soething and get more out of her then theres just a blinking cursor :)

Yah, not a lot to go on, she's not home right now, but if it's only a blinking courser, not much else going on:huh:

A black screen with a blinking cursor means she's in DOS and probably has Windows 3.1 installed. LOL.

Originally posted by daddyo
A black screen with a blinking cursor means she's in DOS and probably has Windows 3.1 installed. LOL.

She would love to hear that. After about 20 reboots it finally booted. Time to get that extended warranty!

Try removing the floppy from the floppy drive, and then reboot.

Originally posted by DreamWalker
Try removing the floppy from the floppy drive, and then reboot.

what floppy? I know i'ts often overlooked:blink:

make sure that IDE 0 is set in the BIOS to first boot device that would cause a big delay in boot time

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back