Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor Beta

kcnychief

??? ??? ?
Political Access
As the public release of Beta 2 nears for Vista, (this week), those of you who haven't installed it yet may want to know if your current hardware is up to snuff. Microsoft has released an upgrade advisor, which will evaluate your current hardware to find out if your system is Vista capable. As a tip, it is recommended that you plug in all useable USB devices (such as printers, scanners, etc.) to find out if they are also up to par :)

To Note - this software is in beta and is to be used at your own risk.

Official Site: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/getready/upgradeadvisor/default.mspx

Download Link: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=65926&clcid=0x409

MS has pulled the download from their main page, but the link referenced still comes from MS directly.

kcnychief said:
As the public release of Beta 2 nears for Vista, (this week), those of you who haven't installed it yet may want to know if your current hardware is up to snuff. Microsoft has released an upgrade advisor, which will evaluate your current hardware to find out if your system is Vista capable. As a tip, it is recommended that you plug in all useable USB devices (such as printers, scanners, etc.) to find out if they are also up to par :)

To Note - this software is in beta and is to be used at your own risk.

Official Site: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/getready/upgradeadvisor/default.mspx

Download Link: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=65926&clcid=0x409

MS has pulled the download from their main page, but the link referenced still comes from MS directly.
Mr. K, I ran the advisor and it stated, sorry you must use setup from window XP or Windows Vista, then stops download and request you to restart. I have to say that the first time I have ever seen this, little help please.

Looks like my old laptop with its poor little 16MB Mobility Radeon 7500 won't be able to handle it. :D
My desktop, on the other hand, is already running Vista 5365 like a dream.

Amazingly, I passed. It was a little unsure about something called "nforce" but I am sure it will cope.

Useless. It said my computer passed but when I run Vista I get the feeling I'm running Windows XP on a 600Mhz P3..lol.

Yeah, I know..beta!

What did your system score on their hardware rating within Vista?

I think the UAB only shows if your hardware meets the minimum requirements.

True.it meets the requirements with exception to my sound card and RAID controller. I got a combined score of 3 in Vista's rating system.

My system scored a "4" on 5365 and a "3" on Beta 2. Bugger.

it tells me to upgrade my video card cuz it doesnt support for pixel shader 2.0...Whats that??

seems i need to upgade my radeon mobility 9000, not really a suprise though :p

Maybe the Upgrade Advisor Beta might need a bit of fine tuning.
It reported my 11 partitions over 4 hard drives and 375 GB spare space, as short of disc space to load the operating system, other wise ok !

Well it is in Beta, and your configuration is not common. Perhaps it didn't know how to interpret it?

it tells me to upgrade my video card cuz it doesnt support for pixel shader 2.0...Whats that??
it said the same thing for my friends dell cpu bought a yr and a half ago. that pixel shader 2.0 is used for the Aero glass stuff.
my cpu is 'A' ok although i heard you have to buy another video card for directx10.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back