Windows Vista RC1 Build 5600-16384 Released

Does anyone know if the SB Audigy 2 ZS drivers for Vista x64 that they have on Creative's website work in RC1?

Should bet on it soon ...if not straightaway.
The 32 bit beta drivers on this sound card work quite well in RC1 but will expire early Nov 2006

HEY ALL

If you are having issues burning vista to dvd, just use this program

POWERISO

http://www.poweriso.com/

its shareware, and i have never had an issue with it burning any of my iso's.

I also burn on maximum speed and still don't have any issues.

I have the same issue with my chipset, video, and network card. But the Vista drivers work well.

HEY ALL

If you are having issues burning vista to dvd, just use this program

POWERISO

http://www.poweriso.com/

its shareware, and i have never had an issue with it burning any of my iso's.

I also burn on maximum speed and still don't have any issues.
I used ImgBurn. Use it for all my image-based burning needs, works great, and it's free :)

mine has no problem with that at all. I did in Beta2, but it seems to have been fixed.

Well, with my ongoing saga with my PC, I have fried my HDD which has all of my setup files on it, so I can't install RC1 properly until I either get that data back, or get it off someone else (I install off ISOs for pretty much everything I have, plus all of my utilities I use are on it).

Well i'm about to install ubuntu through vmware on vista, this should tax it some... :)

HI has anyone used a radion 5250 card with rc1 5600:cry:tried to install ATI xp catalyst centre ,which run good on beta 2 ,but on install on rc1 showed only catalyste centre ,but no info (guess something to do with trying to install on kernal of vista?)had crash on reboot ,uninstalled all ati :lick: .Had tried to run catalyst ati beta centre on beta 2,had a complete crash:dead: Tried reboot repair no joy,waited till rc1 to install of vista.Any help out there ,none from ATI.
Bye all.

I found that: Windows Vista Tricks and Tips, the website is lunched if you want to take a look.:)

Welcome to the new Windows Vista™ Tips & Tricks site! The information here gives you all the tools you need to become more efficient and productive with Windows Vista right away. You'll find great webcasts to attend and great cheat sheets to download right here! And, if you're responsible for training in your company, there are tools here for you too—just check out the "Training Tools" section.
Windows Vista™ Tips & Tricks site

I just installed this two days ago when my new 250 GB WD HDD came (woot Newegg) and I'm loving it. However when I try to boot Vista without the vista dvd in one of my drives it gives me this error "DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER". Otherwise with the dvd in one of the drives it starts Vista without a problem. If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Is your BIOS set to boot the Hard Disk before the Optical Drive?

How did you isntall vista in the first place? Was it over XP, next to XP, is it on the boot drive, is it in the first partition of the drive it's installed on?

My BIOS is set to boot the optical drives first however I don't see why that would be a problem. Manually I went to the boot select in my BIOS and selected the drive that Vista is installed on but I still get the same error. I installed Vista through booting from the disk and installed on a new partition on my new HDD. The Partition should be the first since it should be the only. I have the optical drives to boot first and then I have the HDD with Vista on it boot next. Also this is the x64 version of Vista if that might have anything to do with this.
Thanks for your help.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back