Windows Vista RC1 Build 5600-16384 Released

Anyone had luck with Nforce 4 Raid Drivers?

I've tried using the nvidia RC1 x64 nforce drivers, and the WHQL XP64 drivers, but it can't detect my drives when I attempt to load them on boot up / install.

Friend is having this issue. Any takers?

arrrrrrghhh............

well 3 hours later i downloaded vista again and burned it in nero at the slowest speed possible (6x) and sure enough the same d@mn thing happened........

This is frustrating because i didnt think that my system was that rare or odd that it would work on virutally every system but mine. I thought i had fairly popular stuff that you would think would have been tested.....

anyone have any ideas on what else i can do to try to isolate the problem?

the only thing that seems odd for me is that i tried the first batch of dvds on a different system and the same thing happened??????

Just out of curiosity....what is suppossed to happen when installing vista? I got the windows loading files bar intially.....goes to 100 and then i get a green progress bar with microsoft 2006 that lasts for 10-15 seconds and then i get a cursor with a black screen that blinks and then the screen turns greenish/blue. The cursor is there and then nothing happens??

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm having an issue with the downloader. Is there a way to order the DVD and receive it in the mail like you could with Beta 2?

Downloaded, burned to disc, now I just need a key :D

Weird, I have it downloading now, but I had to install and use a third party downloader. Does anyone know any free burning software that will work with Vista and can burn an .iso?

I take it from other comments here that you just have to input your Beta 2 CD Key to install?

Yes, the beta 2 key works for all public releases.

Well finally got it up and running

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe
AMD64 X2 3800+
Nvidia 7800GT
SB Audigy 2 ZS
2 Raptors in Raid 0 (nforce RAID)

Ran into a bit of trouble on the install. The only way I could get it to read the RAID array was to install it from within windows XP and use the xp64 WHQL raid drivers. Restarted and it installed fine / moved my old xp setup to a backup folder.

After reboot I installed the RC1 video drivers, which installed and then locked up my system. After restarting they seem to be installed, nothing is missing from the device manager.

Audio I'm about to test out. Everythign else seems to be working fine so far :)

-----

The Audigy 2 ZS seems to hate RC1. Stuck with my onboard audio for now.

Last edited:
Huzzah. Microsoft e-mailed me a key this morning, will get round to installing this later tonight or tomorrow :)

Friend is having this issue. Any takers?

6x is the "slowest speed possible"? I have my doubts with that statement. 1x or 2x is all that Microsoft recommends for burning the ISO.

Melon

Anyone got a fix for the soundmax adi driver not found on startup? I cant get my mic to work was same with 64bit last time this time I went 32bit but still no mic. They emailed me my key last night ....!!!

my Intel PRO/WIRELESS integrated wifi drops the connection constantly so I am using a USB Netgear wifi adapter. Any updated drivers from Intel?

Still having issues with the display adapter, when coming back from sleep it flickers on but just gets caught in a continuous loop of flickering like it cant recover from the error. It should be noted I am using Nvidia's 96.33 RC1 drivers using a modified .inf to allow it to run on my 120M chipset...

Intel hasn't relased ANY Vista drivers yet.

I figured it out. I disabled UAC and it started working. Interesting though, I didnt have to do that in Pre-RC1

If you right-click on the shortcut for it, you should be able to tell it to run as administrator? This is if you want to keep using UAC, by the way.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back