Windows Vista RC1 Build 5600-16384 Released

in earlier builds you could simply right-click desktop-view and deselect show desktop icons, but it doesent work anymore I am afraid. Also there's been some reg edit tweaks around, but they also dont work anymore.

in earlier builds you could simply right-click desktop-view and deselect show desktop icons, but it doesent work anymore I am afraid. Also there's been some reg edit tweaks around, but they also dont work anymore.

gutted! never mind. cheers anyway!:)

there must be a way to remove it i have seen some people speaking about this in other forums

Oh dear here we go again, "EVALUATION" states what is means... 5600 runs out on the 06/01/2007 @ 00:59. Therefore rendering the end-user of the product to stop working...?

RC1 RC2* RC3* RTM GOLD...?

* Possibility Vista could move into Phase RC2 and RC3 then RTM... but there will still be a build at the bottom because it is a evaluation copy... Sorry to sound a little rude but, the fact of the matter is Vista is in BETA and not official until it is released. If you like it so much then pre-order a copy of Vista like I have done. Yep sad I know but, what the heck. :smoker:

The RC1 in the bottom right-hand corner does not bother me at all. :lick:

It does in 5600...?

Weill mine does anyway...

The RC1 in the bottom right-hand corner does not bother me at all. :lick:

I agree

a_ok_hand_big.jpg

I don't really see how it gets annoying? :-/

Anyone know when CPP will reopen for RC1?

Installed this on Monday. Working well. It's the first time the drivers on NVIDIA's site actually work properly too.
Good stuff. :)

Cool. Is there any way to change the server that it is downloading from?

Beta 2 keys do in fact work. Kid tested and mother approved.

So far, from what I have learned, some improvement has been made with graphics rendering in games.

w00t! WoW may work. ;-)

Anyone know where the firefox settings are stored? Seems that the redirected folder isn't correct. I just want to be able to take my bookmarks.html from WinXP install to Vista so that I can try to use this full-time.

Is anyone else having an issue with F@H with Vista RC1? It says that I need to be logged in as an Administrator in order to install the client...but I am logged in as an Administrator.

Yeay public RC1 released! Hehe it doesn't have quite the same ring as "public beta" does :)

I figured it out. I disabled UAC and it started working. Interesting though, I didnt have to do that in Pre-RC1

does anyone have a download link to this?

UAC is a big pain in the butt and a huge annoyance. Even disabling it is annoying (security warning in the notification area).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back