Windows Vista RC1 Build 5600-16384 Released

Does anyone know if the SB Audigy 2 ZS drivers for Vista x64 that they have on Creative's website work in RC1?

OMG :lick: I installed RC1 on my main PC which is pretty powerful, as dule boot on a new partition and just installed the GFX drivers and when I got back to the desktop and seen the windows opening and the theme I nearly wet myself...

And when I seen, if you mouseover the windows open in the taskbar they pop up as the window which is open. I'm really glad I installed this on my main machine so I can get the potential of the power of Vista on a fast machine with good GFX card.

I'm so exited my eyes are watering from the corner... :)

MS you have created an OS which I actually like instead of love and heate as with Windows XP.

yeah. it's gotten quite nice looking in the last few builds, and runs quite well too (besides the fact that by default it usually usues almost 512MB of RAM...... and moving the mouse over the sidebar makes CPU usage jump to 50% while the sidebar becomes slightly less transparent). just wish i could get some sound to work in it.

yeah. it's gotten quite nice looking in the last few builds, and runs quite well too (besides the fact that by default it usually usues almost 512MB of RAM...... and moving the mouse over the sidebar makes CPU usage jump to 50% while the sidebar becomes slightly less transparent). just wish i could get some sound to work in it.

Oh yeah you're right it does... that's really odd it jumps from 2% to 49% and then back to 2%...

Physical Memory usage is 42%

Does anyone know if the SB Audigy 2 ZS drivers for Vista x64 that they have on Creative's website work in RC1?

Not yet sorry, TBA acording to Creative Labs but as soon as Vista becomes available they will be ready. Creative Labs have never let me down with their dirvers.

http://uk.europe.creative.com/suppo...p?searchString=SBAXVSD_PCDRV_US_2_10_0000.exe go here I've just installed them and I need to Restart my PC.. .I will let you know if they work when it restarts...

Back in a mo... :)

Well they work but, you will not find all thge fancy stuff which will come with the final release of the drivers when Vista has been offically released. bearing in mind there is a message when you install the drivers they will run out on the 4th of November 2006 which is kind of odd. You will get some errors when you restart but not to owrry because the sound does work.

Last edited:
Can you try if MS Virtual PC 2004 works on it? Or maybe VMWare?
I dont have time to reinstall on a VPC environment..lol. I wouldnt even bother doing that unless you have a supercomputer

I will give MSVP a try in the mean time I will leave you with this snapshot of my Vista... :lick:

Oh this is so sweat... :sleeping: time for shuteye...

I have not read into the rating system yet because I'm too dam tired to do anything else. Here is mine and I am not sure if 4.2 is ok or what... This is a P4 3.00GHz HT with 1.00 GB of DDR RAM ATI RAdeon 9800 PRO.

Attachments

• impressive.png
    impressive.png
    178.2 KB · Views: 171
  • VistaRatingMyPC.png
    VistaRatingMyPC.png
    96.9 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
How would my PC fair with the current Vista?

AMD Athlon XP2000+ CPU
ASUS A7V333 Motherboard
512MB DDR333 PC2700 SDRAM
ATI Radeon 9700 Pro

Infact, would it ever be worth upgrading to Vista on this PC or is it better to stick with WinXP due to low spec?

it may run.... but probably not anywhere near as pretty as it would on a higher spec'd system. you probably wouldn't be able to get much of any of the Aero effects from Vista.

I dont have time to reinstall on a VPC environment..lol. I wouldnt even bother doing that unless you have a supercomputer

I was taking about running VPC under Vista not Vista under VPC :)

Can anyone confirm if this works with sli yet, as i have an xfx 7950xt?

board Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe

from what i've seen you can't enable SLI, even if you install the new drivers that NVidia released strictly for RC1. then again.... why would you? it's not meant to be your main OS, and still isn't entirely optimized.

ok so how do you DL from europe if you are in the US?

i wanted to try it out on a dual boot. I have tried 5536 and 5552, but neither of them work with my card and i cant disable SLI in the bios to even try it out.
I dont fancy wasting more time only to find a black screen at the end of it

Some of the EU servers provide faster downloads than the US servers

Likey: you mean how after you installed, all that would appear was a black screen with the build information in the bottom right corner, and you could move your cursor passed the edge of the screen if you put it along the left side? i had that same problem. the latest two builds i could install were Pre-RC1, and RC1. After it installs, for some odd reason it sets up a secondary display, that doesn't exist, with 800x600 resolution and 8-bit color.

RC1 might actually work for you...... not 100% sure, but it worked for me after several builds giving me the same problem.

there was a dropdown box that said United states. Choose Europe or Asia. Europe was fastest for me...silly blokes were all napping I suppose :)

How would my PC fair with the current Vista?

AMD Athlon XP2000+ CPU (Not sure about this)
ASUS A7V333 Motherboard (Not sure about this)
512MB DDR333 PC2700 SDRAM (Should be Fine, would recommend upgrading to 1.00GB)
ATI Radeon 9700 Pro (Should be fine)

Go here and run this program it will tell you if your hardware will work with Vista. Really handy tool. Download and then install and run the program will tell you if you need to upgrade your system or not...?

Mine is fine but, I still need to upgrade because my system is now 4 years old and it's about time, it had a makeover.

In fact, would it ever be worth upgrading to Vista on this PC or is it better to stick with WinXP due to low spec?

The GFX is fine and should be capable of running the Vista GUI
Memory should be OK but would recommend 1.00GB
Not to sure about the porcessor though I stopped using AMD years ago and moved back to Intel.
Again motherboard not sure but, I think it will be fine

The problem is that people are all going out and rushing to purchase their new processors, GFX cards, Memory, Motherboards, HDD's...? STOP wait for a while for the price war to settle and then buy in Jan or Feb or next year. I used to be the same and rush out and buy everything and then 2 or 3 months down the line, what your paid for has dropped in price and you are kicking yourself. I am lucky to be in the position where I can go and get it all now but, from experience I have learned to wait.

Last edited:
Why do you want to download from Europe?

Well it makes perfect sense if you're in the United Kingdom, one does use the European Servers. :)

Mainly because at the time, it looked as though every single connect Tecnical Beta Tester was downloading in the USA. The European servers were fine and the download rate was just amazing. :lick:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back