X86
CRC: 0xB3519FCA
SHA: 0xE00B4EBBC81FB420CF047973B95A9CFB7CDF51B7
vista_5600.16384.060829-2230_x86fre_client-LR1CFRE_EN_DVD.iso, 2,584.25 MB

X64
CRC: 0x59C867D0
SHA: 0x8E4DE7A72C828A3543FF1663243EB0836DA07EEA
vista_5600.16384.060829-2230_x64fre_client-LR1CxFRE_EN_DVD.iso, 3,677.22 MB

Currently only on Windows Connect for Technical testers.
Start your downloaders!

Just finished Pre-RC1 last night...rofl. I suck at life

Limited to 80kb/s.... what gives, guys?

SpeedTest confirms:
Your download speed : 5932 kbps or 741.5 KB/sec.
Your upload speed : 355 kbps or 44.4 KB/sec.

Don't download via the US because it looks like the whole of the United States are downloading Windows Vista RC1 at the moment because it the download said it would take 5hrs to download. :laugh:

Download via Europe it's faster. 32mins left to complete.:lick:

1238.4 KB/sec speed... Although I do have a 10MB connection which makes a difference.

26mins left and counting, another disk to burn.

Last edited:
Brilliant I am getting 800kb/s on the Europe server, 200kb/s on Asia. Ill stick with Europe. :)

Im so excited! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Im so excited! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Yeah I was really impressed with the changes they have made.

15mins left... I'm wetting myself with antisipation (not really I just wanted to say that) :nervous:

Looks like it's going to be another late night again, and the misses will not be happy...? Yeah whatever...

Last edited:
Yeah I was really impressed with the changes they have made.

15mins left... I'm wetting myself with antisipation (not really I just wanted to say that) :nervous:

Looks like it's going to be another late night again, and the misses will not be happy...? Yeah whatever...

laugh.gif

Anybody able to get that Open Letter from Jim Allchin? link doesnt work for me...

Has anyone had any luck getting the new Windows Mobile Center to open? I connect my WM5 device, it says it connects but the Center never opens up. I go to the Control Panel and try to launch it from there and I get nothing.

Just now installing it. I burned a copy to DVD and apparently the burn was bad because it couldnt copy all files over.. so I am installing over the network via a shared virtual drive. Quicker than I imagined.

My installation on a P4 3.0, 1GB RAM, 80GB HDD was very quick. I did away with the Windows XP/Virtual PC setup.

installed. configuring and setting up drivers.. ill see if i can test your issue in post 11

I like it. :) Feels like a complete OS, very usable on a daily basis.

Has anyone had any luck getting the new Windows Mobile Center to open? I connect my WM5 device, it says it connects but the Center never opens up. I go to the Control Panel and try to launch it from there and I get nothing.

Works dam fine for me...

Just now installing it. I burned a copy to DVD and apparently the burn was bad because it couldnt copy all files over.. so I am installing over the network via a shared virtual drive. Quicker than I imagined.

I had the same problem I now have three disks with Pre-RC1 and one RC1 :smoker: never mind, I have never managed to use a complete box of DVD's without making a complete mess of one or two of them. :yowch:

SPEEP.... NEED SLEEP... :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

Last edited:
Works dam fine for me...
No clue what I am doing wrong. My device syncs fine on XP/ActiveSync but I can't even open up the WM Device Center on Vista. When I double click the option in Control Panel it brings up the connection settings (and says the device is connected). But it won't open up or allow me to sync.

No clue what I am doing wrong. My device syncs fine on XP/ActiveSync but I can't even open up the WM Device Center on Vista. When I double click the option in Control Panel it brings up the connection settings (and says the device is connected). But it won't open up or allow me to sync.
Fix it - and when you do then I will upgrade to Vista :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back