Windows Vista Pre-RTM Build 5728.16387 Released

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political Access
Microsoft has just released an updated version of Windows Vista to technical beta testers. Build 5728 is available in either x86 or x64 flavors right now on Microsoft Connect.

x86
vista_5728.16387.060917-1430_x86fre_client-LRMCFRE_EN_DVD.iso, 2,622.25 MB

x64
vista_5728.16387.060917-1430_x64fre_client-LRMCxFRE_EN_DVD.iso, 3,628.64 MB

Seems to have been compiled on the 17th September
Will have it in about 3 hours :D

http://connect.microsoft.com

Bout dang time! Rather quick after the last RC build don't ya think?

Also good to see they are within the 57xx range as that has been set aside for RTM releases :)

Did they fix the screensaver yet? I loved the simplicity of the "Windows Logon" screensaver in Beta 2 (and earlier), all releases since have a stupid new animation in the screensaver. I complained but I doubt anyone at Microsoft listened.

Ok... Excuse me for a dumb question... How does the above link get a person to a download page...

This release is currently available only to technical beta testers. When you logon to Connect you will be able to access the downloads if you are included in the technical testing.

Again chaps download from the EUROPE if you live in the UK servers are running fast, USA server are running a tad wee little slow.

Microsoft has just released an updated version of Windows Vista to technical beta testers. Build 5728 is available in either x86 or x64 flavors right now on Microsoft Connect.

x86
vista_5728.16387.060917-1430_x86fre_client-LRMCFRE_EN_DVD.iso, 2,622.25 MB

x64
vista_5728.16387.060917-1430_x64fre_client-LRMCxFRE_EN_DVD.iso, 3,628.64 MB

Seems to have been compiled on the 17th September
Will have it in about 3 hours :D

http://connect.microsoft.com

Official RTM is sometime next week I think, ot the following week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dunno, still looking at this one.

A few issues still, I see a few changes, changes to UAC quite interesting, still trying to put my finger on the difference.

Anyone have a list of changes? How's stability, performance?

It seems like anyone can get this build at the moment.

Updated Test Build Available (September 2006): Microsoft is looking for volunteers to help test an updated, interim release of Windows Vista. This build (5728) has a number of improvements and updates from RC1, but has not been put through the same internal testing process as RC1. We are making this release available for a limited time only in order to get broad distribution and testing in a variety of PC configurations. Click here http://download.windowsvista.com/preview/rc1/en/download-5728.htm if you are interested in testing this release.

Link:
http://blogs.technet.com/windowsvista/default.aspx

Last edited:
With this build are you able to just upgrade from rc1 within vista itself with the new installation disk or do you have to do a complete new install?

Does this still have BlackSOD after the initail install with Dual SLI cards? eg xfx7950

Anybody finding problems with ATI drivers and Creative Labs drivers. with 5600 there was no problems with the RC1 drivers from ATI and the beta drivers from Creative for my sound card. But since the release of 5728 there is a major issue with these drivers causing mayhem.

Anybody else experiencing the same problems.

Thanks
James

Dunno, still looking at this one.

A few issues still, I see a few changes, changes to UAC quite interesting, still trying to put my finger on the difference.

I noticed there has been some changes to the initial loading to the desktop for the first time. and there are some changes being made to the Help and support looks like this has now been completed.

There are some tell tail signs of changes but, it's difficult to work out what has been changed.

Oh one thing... is it just me or does anybody else have no Microsoft logo or Windows logo loading whilst the OS is loading...? With XP you get the status bar loading and a Windows Logo with Windows XP but on Vista I don't see anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh one thing... is it just me or does anybody else have no Microsoft logo or Windows logo loading whilst the OS is loading...? With XP you get the status bar loading and a Windows Logo with Windows XP but on Vista I don't see anything.

There hasn't been, ever. Only a status bar.

Yes should do, have up to 10 installs with it i believe.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back