Windows vista Capable

failurbydesign

music MUSIC music
Political Access
My dad just picked up a new pc and it has this on the windows sticker..thought it was cool and i havent seen this yet...so yea....

Attachments

• P1010186.JPG
    P1010186.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 101
  • P1010189.JPG
    P1010189.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 88
It is cool, didn't know they were slapping that on PC's yet.

Not really sure it can be put there with 100% confidence, as MS hasn't yet released "official" hardware requirements for Vista.

My video card says that it was Vista Capable.

DirectX9 cable and 256MB of dedicated RAM should be more than adequate for Video cards in Vista :)

I am just letting you know that it said it on the box.

The Dell Latitude D620 also has Vista Capable on it (but won't do glass, moan moan -- although apparently it will do eventually)

What is holding it back now, driver limitations or Vista requirements?

I'm not installing Vista, it is Windows XP. I don't know what is holding it back. I go to create the partition, and it just stalls.

Intel haven't really gone nuts with driver releases for Vista yet.

kcnychief said:
It is cool, didn't know they were slapping that on PC's yet.

Not really sure it can be put there with 100% confidence, as MS hasn't yet released "official" hardware requirements for Vista.

bare minimum would be any machine within the last 2 years and has a DX9 graphics card i guess - which would be sufficient for the badge to be slapped on. :p

Thats funny, my 2.0Ghz AMD64 barely runs Vista.....technically its capable, but its definitely not a surreal experience.

A 600MHz Celeron is capable of running XP but it doesn't do it very well.

My Compaq Presario 2100 with 1024MB ram (128MB) used by the Radeon IGM 320M graphics card, 1.8ghz AMD Athlon XP 2400+ Processor, and now a Toshiba 5400RPM HD with 16mb cache runs Vista nicely. It's nothing to go clocking futuremark with or anything like that, but It's got enough power to run Vista like it's suppose to. EXCEPT for the glass effect and transparency for windows.

But Oh well.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back