• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Windows vista Capable

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
It is cool, didn't know they were slapping that on PC's yet.

Not really sure it can be put there with 100% confidence, as MS hasn't yet released "official" hardware requirements for Vista.

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
The Dell Latitude D620 also has Vista Capable on it (but won't do glass, moan moan -- although apparently it will do eventually)

Brad

Political User
I'm not installing Vista, it is Windows XP. I don't know what is holding it back. I go to create the partition, and it just stalls.

ming

OSNN Advanced
kcnychief said:
It is cool, didn't know they were slapping that on PC's yet.

Not really sure it can be put there with 100% confidence, as MS hasn't yet released "official" hardware requirements for Vista.
bare minimum would be any machine within the last 2 years and has a DX9 graphics card i guess - which would be sufficient for the badge to be slapped on. :p

My Compaq Presario 2100 with 1024MB ram (128MB) used by the Radeon IGM 320M graphics card, 1.8ghz AMD Athlon XP 2400+ Processor, and now a Toshiba 5400RPM HD with 16mb cache runs Vista nicely. It's nothing to go clocking futuremark with or anything like that, but It's got enough power to run Vista like it's suppose to. EXCEPT for the glass effect and transparency for windows.

But Oh well.

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawgintown