Windows Vista Build 5744.16384 Released

Same problem with Netgear network card....should not have to remove, reinstall software and reintroduce...is that what you did ?
Main connection works fine with router/modem ( newish model )
Nope, after a couple of reboots, it fixed itself?

I was able to successfully install over RC1. Glad nothing went wrong!

Anyone able to reproduce that search bug? Or the NIC bug?

I haven't had a chance to run any other builds. I think I'm just going to wait till it goes RTM. Hopefully all the UI bugs will be fixed at least. In order to try to duplicate the problem I had:
* Do a search on your start menu for something you know won't work. Then click search elsewhere.
* You can then try to click the search on the right and you should get the same error message.
Why would it not return the same error message? ( i assume by that you mean, "no results") considering you said to type in something I know it will not find.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your bug.

Installed fine over RC1. I like it. Any good AV to go with it besides avast?

AVG 7.5 Pro works fine, I think 7 free works ok as long as you kill UAC

Small issue on my end.. With RC1 I could run aero.. Not in RC2.. :( Probably a memory thing... I'm only running 512 DDR single sided..

Wow!

RC2 is amazingly fast!

Whether or not this is down to my hardware upgrade today or not I don't know but this is amazingly usable!

Why would it not return the same error message? ( i assume by that you mean, "no results") considering you said to type in something I know it will not find.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your bug.

Sorry, not no results - it says it cannot run the application associated with the file extension if I click 'Search Everywhere' or simply Search in the start menu.

I tried to upgrade from 5600 to 5744 and it had Upgrade disabled. I was distinctly under the impression that upgrading from RC1 was encouraged.. I had to start all over (I've logged about 100 hours in RC1 already) so it was rather disappointing to basically lose all of the modifications I had done.

BTW, anybody coding sidebar gadgets? Ive got some cool ones going right now. :)

I ended up giving up on the sidebar since it just takes so long to load and has extremely poor performance.

Sorry, not no results - it says it cannot run the application associated with the file extension if I click 'Search Everywhere' or simply Search in the start menu.
Oh, I havent gotten that error. Make sure its reported, I guess.

I have an annoying bug with IE7. I watch a lot of flash videos (peekvid.com, dailymotion.com, etc) namely, Star Trek:TNG. They split them up into several parts and I let them load up in separate windows so I dont need to worry about a slow server. Unfortunately, IE7 has this quirk where sometimes it will freeze entirely and fail to play a video. Also, sometimes the flash player's controls in one window will pause and play another flash player in another window.. Now that isn't a good quirk.

It basically causes every open instance of IE7 to stop responding. I have submitted several reports - but just a heads up that doing that will probably result in a lot of lost data.

What about in Firefox?

I have noticed that IE7, even in XP, does NOT like Flash apps.

I don't have any problems with Flash with IE7.

Uninstall the ActiveX control and then reinstall from the Adobe site.

I don't have any problems with Flash with IE7.

Uninstall the ActiveX control and then reinstall from the Adobe site.
I'll try that. But shouldn't they have it done properly from the active x control? :)

I ended up giving up on the sidebar since it just takes so long to load and has extremely poor performance.
You must have a pretty low system rating. Mine is 3.2 on a Core Duo laptop and it runs well. The only time I have poor performance is when dragging a window with multiple things going on (all special effects going)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah, it runs Okayish. My system rating is fine as well - I'm pretty sure it was higher than your's. The problem is that it delays the start up of windows by so much and I know I'm not alone in saying this. The actual rendering of the sidebar is nowhere as fast as it SHOULD be, though it runs acceptably. Also, it's just not much use for the amount of screen real-estate it uses up. I'd rather use Samurize (www.samurize.com) instead. At least that allows itself to be covered up when I DON'T need to see the system stats.

Nope, after a couple of reboots, it fixed itself?

Netgear UK tech dept now admits that many if not all PCI network cards do not support Vista !

Back to same old...... "press restart = shutdown PC" as in Beta 2.

Versions from Beta 2 to RC1 worked normally!
Anybody else, same problem ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back