Windows Vista Build 5472 on Microsoft Connect

Lack: i hope you're talking about people selling them like...... at school or something.... not online. last time i checked.... selling stuff that's not yours is pretty damn illegal.

Yes, I mean online (auction sites and forums). Not everyone cares about being illegal.

Just to add to the discussion, I believe how it works is if you used Beta 2 AND ACTIVATED IT you will qualify for access to RC1. Those who didn't activate it are S.O.L. I also think it will be seperate keys, but not sure on that.

Hm, I remember they wrote that anyone who ordered the beta2 dvd will participate in rc1. Now the info is like this:
"The information on this page is intended for Customer Preview Program participants. Participants will receive an e-mail message with additional information when Windows Vista Release Candidate 1 (RC1) is available later this year. Thank you for testing Windows Vista."

i'm sure they'd care if they got sued........

Nah, I'm writing from a third world country when it comes to piracy where they'd probably go free becouse of "minor public wrongdoing", or however that translates.

@Lack - I was going from what I remembered, and I am still pretty darn sure people had to activate their copy of Beta 2 to qualify for RC1

Stay tuned.

Starting today (August 1) TechNet Plus Subscribers now have access to all of the latest betas (including Vista) via the online portal.

yeah.. thanks matt i'll check it out now.

p.s. matt how much is a technet subcription and what would i have had to pay to be subscribed to is for 5 yrs :)

New subscriptions for Plus run $499. Standard runs $399. Renewal rates are cheaper.

However, that is if you buy direct from Microsoft. You can purchase from online retailers at a discount.

Microsoft only offers annual memberships.

TAP just got 5487.0.winmain.060726-1810 to play with so fingers crossed.

Same as everything else since the product became feature complete.
I don't think we will see this build tho, but i checked out the NG and we should have something new to play with "soon", whatever that might mean.

On Monday, Microsoft released a new build of Windows Vista, the successor to the aging Windows XP, to technical beta testers, TAP customers, and MSDN subscribers. The interim build, build 5472, is intended to give testers a more recent build, and encourage application and device driver developers to accelerate deployment on Vista.

Quality and performance enhancements are the primary changes in 5472, along with further tweaks to User Account Control. The new build is the second to follow Beta 2, and will not be released to Customer Preview Program participants. Microsoft expects to deliver the next public release of Windows Vista, Release Candidate 1, later this quarter.

Download: Windows Vista Build 5472 on Microsoft Connect

There is not mention of 5487 vaialble on my account at Microsoft Connect do you know when this will be available for download because this is the closest to RC1 you are probably going to get.

It *was* on Connect at the time I posted it. This build is also available via TechNet Plus Online. Whether it is there now is beyond me, I can't check right now.

It *was* on Connect at the time I posted it. This build is also available via TechNet Plus Online. Whether it is there now is beyond me, I can't check right now.

No it's only 5472 at the moment, I have just emailed connect to find out when 5487 is available, as soon as I get a reply i shall let you know.

I see you asked for another build and I read too quickly. Build 5472 is the latest public build.

I see you asked for another build and I read too quickly. Build 5472 is the latest public build.

Well true to their word, they always come back with a reply to your email... 5487 will be released very soon. When that will be, I don't know because “soon” to MS means either next week or in the next couple of weeks. But it will be available for beta testers on connect.microsoft.com.

I don't know who would have sent you that, the next release will be higher than 5487.

You got a reply saying that? :s

Um basically yeah...:eek:

Here is a copy of the email they sent to me. :crosseyed:
Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Connect Help (mchelp@microsoft.com) the next available release of Windows Vista build 5487 will be available for beta testers soon, although the build will number at the time of release will be higher at the point of the release.

We are here to help.

Microsoft Connect Help Team

It does not make any sense or it it me reading it wrong... :)

I totally agree the next build will be a lot higher than what they have told me. I would have thought on the lines of at least 5872.

I'm going to email them again to confirm this because I am confused now... :(

Last edited:
Yeah basically they are just saying milestone wise 5487 should be next, but by the time that happens the build number should be a bit higher.

I think?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back