Size 3,347.84 MB
Version 5381
Category Build
Milestone Beta 2
Product Keys
5381 and Up Ultimate Keys
Files
-VISTA_5381.1_32bit_Main_Client-Staged_DVD_EN.iso

Few things to note here are that the x64 build increased by about 800MB's, whereas the x86 build only went up about 300MB's. Looks like drivers are really starting to fall into place. Also, with the release of 5381 for the preview, it looks as if build 5421 will be the Beta 2 release on May 22nd :)

http://connect.microsoft.com

OMFG!!! almost 5gigs??!!! thats insane. looks like x64 is out of the question until i can get my hands on a dual layer burner

Yeah, the x64 build doesn't look like it'll make it onto a single-layer DVD. I have a dual-layer burner, but no media for it. :)

Going to be busy for the next whole week anyway, so I'll just hang on for the moment and hope that the build released at WinHEC is a little smaller.

If the builds stay true to pattern thus far, I would assume the WinHEC release will be even bigger :s

kcnychief said:
The following are now available to technical beta testers on Microsoft Connect:

Build 5381 (X64)
Date 05/05/2006
Size 4,834.25 MB
Version 5381
Category Build
Milestone Beta 2
Product Keys
Files
- VISTA_5381.1_64bit_Main_Client_Staged_DVD_EN.iso

Build 5381 (X86)
Date 05/05/2006
Size 3,347.84 MB
Version 5381
Category Build
Milestone Beta 2
Product Keys
Files
-VISTA_5381.1_32bit_Main_Client-Staged_DVD_EN.iso

Few things to note here are that the x64 build increased by about 800MB's, whereas the x86 build only went up about 300MB's. Looks like drivers are really starting to fall into place. Also, with the release of 5381 for the preview, it looks as if build 5421 will be the Beta 2 release on May 22nd :)

http://connect.microsoft.com
Hello fellow 64 users, I had one question the vista trials you are doing, with the set back of this build are any of you worried that it may screw up something in your systems.

Not really sure what you mean by setback of the build?

The x64 builds haven't experienced any issues that the x86 builds haven't for the most part, accept for driver/application compatability.

Can you elaborate?

Anyone know if this build has fixed the wireless network saving issue?

I haven't downloaded it yet since I'm at work, what exactly is the issue that was occuring?

Basically, in previous builds, this wasn't a problem. The last build though had a problem where if my laptop went into sleep mode, when I logged back in I would have to manually connect to my wireless network. The machine would also not automatically connect to the saved wireless network. So everytime I started up, as well as came back from any sleep or hibernation mode, it would require me to go into "Connect to" then choose my network, then save it.

This was never a problem before.

If it was a bug like that only in the previous build, probably won't know if it happens again until you try this one :)

Was this a common issue with the last release?

I believe there is an updated F.A.Q. as part of the download.

I installed it, setup was pretty quick compared to previous builds. It took aroudn 35 minutes. All the devices were recognized except my Atheros wireless miniPCI card. I could install that using winxp driver. The perfromance of the system was pretty quick , But there are some quirks though. Media center will get blank if minimized during video palyback. Setting up wireless networks is still messy with so manu steps involved if one has advanced security like key index, shared vs open.

Missed this last night so grabbing it now.
Will drive to work and get my laptop as well and get it on there :D

Have a bit going on between now and around the 22nd, may wait for the next release :s

I downloaded and installed this. I like that the side clock bar is translucent by default, but I still can't choose for the start bar to be transparent.

5365 was the first truly usable build, in my opinion. It can only get better from this point on. :)
Looking forward to seeing what happens at WinHEC this year.

5365 was also the first feature complete, was it not?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back