Windows Vista Build 5381 Ultimate

wow..... well as for me, i will work harder to get the compatibility needs for my computer.... hihihiii

vourge said:
waaaaaaaaa.... this vista thing is killin me... lol

i am triying to download the vista build 5381.1 starting today for 7 days onward and now theres a new beta that will be reased on may 23 ?.... what a tester i am....lol

I wouldn't go too crazy over it just yet, and in regards to your hardware upgrades, you only need to if you want to test it entirely. If your main rig runs XP just fine, you can hold off for a bit as Vista won't be out for retail until at least January of 2007. You have time :D

Khayman said:

Must have missed that :p

G thanks i will upgrade my hardwares inorder for me to get a 5 aleast in performance rating, but as of now got only 1..lol

you know my course know nothing about computer devices thats why i need help thanks to you....

With your overall score being so low, it may not be worth it to upgrade components within your current rig. You may be better off getting a new machine altogether, which may be more cost effective.

ngek..... but my friend bought it piece by piece and he told me that he just bought me a high end computer.

sure

am... this one?

Attachments

• MY Vista Look.PNG
    MY Vista Look.PNG
    682.3 KB · Views: 282
That computer is far from being labeled as "high end" by any means, I hope he didn't charge you a lot of money.

Your CPU is a Celeron, which is a bargain basement CPU line, lower than the Pentium 4, and much lower than the Pentium D (dual core).

The RAM, which appears to be 512MB physical, 64 of which is being shared by your video card, is not going to cut it either. You need a stand-alone card, as mentioned earlier like PCI-e, so our RAM can function on its own.

oh no.. he cost me 29,000 Php. i should be aware of these... please tell me. what will i upgrade?

kcnychief said:
Can you list the specs?
Kcnychief, I see that Vista has a rate and performance program, do you know any other program to download for this, also no luck on the vista build 5381 download, I quess I wiil checkout the beta on 23rd of the month.

vourge said:
oh no.. he cost me 29,000 Php. i should be aware of these... please tell me. what will i upgrade?

Well in that case, you would have to upgrade your CPU as a Celeron pretty much stinks. Depending on the type of motherboard, you may also need to replace that to accomodate a faster CPU. Those two upgrades, paired with the need to get a better video card, beg the question of replacing the entire machine.

I would have a serious discussion with this person and have them justify the cost and how on earth they could call that "high end".

Lawman82 said:
Kcnychief, I see that Vista has a rate and performance program, do you know any other program to download for this, also no luck on the vista build 5381 download, I quess I wiil checkout the beta on 23rd of the month.

The program within Vista can't really be compared to another suite, as it rates hardware components as to how they would perform with Vista itself. Hang in there, try the public build on the 23rd and go from there.

yeah, that spec is very low end.

You can use integrated graphic, but you need more memory...1GB at least.

Dual channel memory configuration is better than single channel configuration....2 x 512MB dual channel is better than 1GB single channel.

Intel 945 integrated graphic with 1GB dual channel give me 3 for performance rating with recent build. Up video ATI with 128MB or 256MB also give me 3.

ehehehe.... guese i should follow you kcnychief... ok ill have to buy a new CPU but i dont know how to choose an exact CPU. should i buy piece by piece or any sugestion would be helpful to me.

In efforts to keep posts on topic and organized, you are best off creating a new thread within the New System Builds and Upgrade Section, found here:

http://forum.osnn.net/forumdisplay.php?f=18

This way, you can ask and receive answers for each component, if necessary, without taking too much away from this thread related to Vista directly.

For what its worth, the rating system is comprised of several 0-10 scores, but the overall score is out of 5.. If your system is surprisingly slow while running Vista, that's probably because its beta, and most drivers arent even ready or optimized.

The new beta won't change the fact that your hardware still needs to be upgraded, just an FYI -

lol... lol i always re-format and install my vista 5342 every the evaluation copy expires.... is there any idea on how to activate this vista build 5342? i tried what other forums did, but im so unlucky to activate this vista.

hihihihii... im working on it... trieng to scan out evry stores...

[posts merged - kcnychief]

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back